Drawer full of cables

Best part is the floppy which says “TANDY” which I think means you got it at Radio Shack.

And High Density so it must be 360K!

1 Like

Oh the memories of the good old days!! Do you have any punch cards??? I’ve run out :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

BTW, my son was asking me yesterday if I still knew COBOL!

1 Like

Me too, and I have the copy books to prove it! :wink:

2 Likes

I told him that he wouldn’t like COBOL…all those darn periods! :wink:

Perform-ance anxiety too!

1 Like

Threw my COBOL books out :expressionless:

I still have an MC10 and I think my father still has a Model 4. Back in the day he had a Radio Shack/Tandy agency, I was in Need heaven, unfortunately I didn’t know what I was doing half the time, back then.

Hmmmm I guess not much has changed :grin:

1 Like

Tandy Electronics was acquired by Dick Smith in Australia right?

Even the Goodwill (a charity organization) is in on this

3 Likes

I think we need to qualify at home, or at work? Although it’s all the same for the time being :grin:

Both places nicely organized into boxes and bags. Feeds the OCD tendencies, and I hate digging through rat’s nests to try to find cables and such.

I think those may officially qualify you as a hoarder.

1 Like

That is some sweet Bakelite!

Think the data on those is still valid? :rofl:

Especially since I probably don’t have a laptop with a PCMCIA port.

And since I just said “probably” that means I’ve got more old computers than I know of off the top of my head. Hoarder status confirmed!

I have a very strong urge to get up on my mezzanine and pull every piece of hardware I have and photograph it for posterity. Not sure if I should pull out my old 126 camera or grab the Polaroid Land Camera!

Over the previous months I have been beginning to wonder if all this stuff is just a reflection of the inner workings of my mind!

According to Wikipedia Woollies bought Tandy back in 2001

You don’t have a Brownie?

(Bonus pts for Kodak Disk camera)

An electronics store existed in 1923?

What was considered “electronic” back then, telegraph keys?

1 Like

No bonus sadly

I got one of those as gift for my high school graduation. Class of '85