Duplicate Part - Remove Primary Bin

I’m attempting to create a BPM that removes the primary bin from a specific warehouse when duplicating a part, but it’s not actually wiping the field. Did a trace, saw that the Part.DuplicatePart BO is firing, so I created a Post BPM with two ‘set field’ widgets and a message box (for PrimBinNum and PrimBinNumDescription). Message box shows up.

We’ve got two warehouses (INSP and IOWA), and the trace shows both sequentially in the data set. The BO is only triggered once. RowMod is blank.

I tried changing the SetField from a “” expression to a different BinNum, but the original still appears.

To top it off, Field Help shows PartWhse.PrimBinNum, which is in the BPM Dataset. Yet that field doesn’t exist when you look in BAQ - The PrimBinNum field is actually in the PlantWhse table, which is not in the BPM’s dataset.

I did find @alintz thread where he filled a temp table with all part details, and then called Part.UpdateExt to set the fields. Is that really required to clear out two fields? Seems like a Post BPM should be all that’s needed.

Suggestions?

I set the PrimBin in a data directive on PlantWhse for our finished goods warehouse. I made a quick change in test and I can wipe the PrimBin on a duplicated part.

Here’s a screenshot of my current Duplicate Part method BPM, with a relevant comment:

And here’s the Data Directive that is currently in place and working:

Note that the data directive is on PlantWhse, not PartWhse. Maybe that is a clue as to why the method directive doesn’t work the way we initially expect? I don’t recall the details.

1 Like

Thank you @gpayne and @alintz! You guys rock. Nice to get an easy win to start the week.

2 Likes