Duplicate Quote Error in LIVE, but not in PILOT? - After .700.30 update

We recently updated to .700.30 (from .700.21 I think) and since then we cannot duplicate quotes. When we do, we get the following error. HOWEVER, if I copy the DB and put it into PILOT, without any change, there is no error. Duplicate works fine.

I’ve disabled form customization and all BPMs that touch anything Quote related, but still nothing.

Why would it work in PILOT, but not in LIVE? Same dot release, same license, and a copy of the same database from minutes ago…

Any ideas?

System Information

==================

AppServer Connection: net.tcp://EP10APP2/EP102700_LIVE
Form Name: Opportunity/Quote Entry
Customization Name:
Menu ID: EQMT2010
Software Version: 10.2.700.30

============

Application Error

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

Error Detail

============
##!Correlation ID:##! 4e07905f-5baf-4d7d-ac4c-c0652d0b8567
##!Message:##! Unable to cast object of type ‘System.Func4[Erp.ErpContext,System.String,System.String,Erp.Services.BO.QuoteSvc+RoleCdResult]' to type 'System.Func4[Erp.ErpContext,System.String,System.String,Erp.Triggers.QuoteHed.WriteTrigger+RoleCdResult]’.
##!Program:##! Epicor.ServiceModel.dll
##!Method:##! ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException

Client Stack Trace

==================
at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)
at Erp.Proxy.BO.QuoteImpl.DuplicateQuote(Int32 sourceQuote, String sourceLines, Boolean mtlCosts, Boolean opStds)
at Erp.Adapters.QuoteAdapter.DuplicateQuote(Int32 sourceQuote, String sourceLines, Boolean mtlCosts, Boolean opStds)

Is this launching a function?

Launching “duplicate quote” function… that works, then we select the desired lines, then we get the error after the lines are selected and ready to duplicate.

1. In Quote Entry, Actions → Quote → Duplicate Quote
  2. Select lines (works)
  3. Then back on Duplicate Quote screen clicking “okay” generates the error

…again, this works perfectly in PILOT with an exact copy of the LIVE database

I would say the update was not done correctly on LIVE.

Since its working on PILOT, check if both Erp.Triggers.QuoteHed.dll and Erp.Services.BO.QuoteHed.dll are the same in both environments.

2 Likes

That’s what I was going to say, it has to be something with outdated .dlls

Where would I find these different .dll files to compare? On a client machine or the server? PILOT and LIVE are both running on the same server.

These are on the server, inside the Assemblies folder.

1 Like

In the end, it somehow fixed itself. All we can figure is that a recycle of the IIS Application Pool (for another reason) fixed this one.

1 Like

This has to do with dlls loading in or being kept in memory by the server I believe.

@Jonathan could explain better.

Glad you figured it out.