Dynamic URL - Reference Component Unique Identifier

Hello,

I am in the process of converting the form customization we have from E10 to Kinetic. One customization is a simple button that opens a URL, but that URL is customized using variables.

I found how to get user and session from the forum here, which thank you for this post!
Determining the Current Session ID in Kinetic Customization - Kinetic 202X - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

However, my only stop is referencing a custom form checkbox component, and then customizing the URL depending if it’s checked or not. The checkbox has no binding, since it’s basically asking if the user wants to perform a reprint.

Say the ID for this form component is ckReprintCheck, how would I do the following C# code but in Kinetic app studio style?
string reprintChk = (ckReprintCheck.Checked)? “yes” : “no”;

The string, reprintChk, is what is passed to the URL.

I hope that’s clear, and thank you!

Typically in Kinetic, the old “unbound” fields are now bound to a runtime View called TransView.

You’ll just need to put that ternary expression in the expression field of a condition block and go from there.
Use row-updates to update a URL variable stored wherever. Could be TransView as well since you can define them on the fly, but they last through the session.

1 Like

Thank you Hannah! So I read up on the switch tool and did the following:

So if I bind my checkbox to TransView, I assume it’s a generic object so I can set the EpBinding to:
TransView.ckReprintCheck

Then in the switch statement, the Basic property would be set as:
{TransView.ckReprintCheck}

That sound correct? I appreciate the help!

Yup!

Thank you!!