E10 10.2.200 Auto Invoicing

We are looking into ‘auto-invoicing’ shipments.
I have seen the previous post on this, no activity for a while now.

I understand we can heavily customize (trace, run BO methods, etc.) - we are wondering if there is another way?
We cannot use the ‘ERS - auto-invoice’ at the order or Customer level, as we cannot have a unique invoice for every pack line.

The previous post mentions: attach the ‘generate shipments for invoicing’ process to a recurring process. Does that not present a problem with unique Invoice group ID’s ?

The process should reuse the group if it already exists, if not it will create it.

Thanks Jonathan.
Are we talking about the ‘get Shipments’ process? Is that accessible so that it can be added to a recurring process?

I’m talking about the Generate Shipment Invoices process.

Ok thanks , got it.
I am guessing that Invoices are created but Not Posted in this process.

Correct, it uses basically the same logic than Get Shipments.
I’m sure there is a way to post it automatically after if that’s what you need, just not sure exactly how.

Thank you Jonathan, this is a big help.

we would like to use the auto-invoice (ERS) process although it looks like it does post automatically now.
can this be done withouth posting?

I guess if you have the SDK you might be able to tweak it, but then it’s not worth it anymore.
We’ve been using ERS for years and

1. it falls over under load (low percentage but still needs follow up, some shipments stay in SHIPPED although can be invoiced)
  2. it is slower than a function you may create to get shipments automatically.