E10.2.600 Kinetic Home Page performance comparison to E10.2.400 and .500 Active Home Page

As anyone else noticed a considerable performance difference between the E10.2.400/.500 Active Home Page and the E10.2.600 Kinetic Homepage? I’ve got all three versions running on the same powerful workstation and the new E10.2.600 Kinetic Home Page has been clocked as far slower than doing the same actions in the E10.2.400 Active Home Page.

I don’t have experience with active homepage other than testing it in .600 but noticed it had pretty slow load times, which is probably why I’m not going to use it in lieu of the lightning fast shell view.

1 Like

There are a bunch of cool new features in .600 that I like, but I am also finding that it is buggy as crap… in some areas.

1 Like

It seems that a lot of time is spent on the animation of the new Kinetic. There are a few new features on some of the Kinetic Report screens, but other than those, I can’t (meaning won’t) use it yet.

2 Likes

We are looking into a reported performance issue that impacts the shell with some additional fixes coming in 10.2.600.5. Jason if you are seeing other issues please reach out or leverage the feedback option or support and we can get the team aware of them.

Will do. I have a list of issues I am keeping that Ill turn over to support. So far most of the issues that I have documented has revolved around Epicor tools/ Customization. Which to me is odd because in the past that area has been traditionally where I have seen the least amount of issues on a new release.
By the way I cannot say it enough, I LOVE the BPM functions and am totally stoked about the Update Table widget in the Data Directives! That widget alone is gold with my MT Hosted customers due to not being able to write custom code in MT.

1 Like

More buggy behavior from Kinetics Active Home Page. Frequently locks up the entire ERP client and I have to kill the Epicor process.
The attached screenshot is a first for me. After I killed the Epicor client due to my Active Home Page locked up, this active BAQ window was not only still active, but you could use it to retrieve data even though the session had terminated and the Epicor client was shutdown.

2 Likes