E10 and SQL Licensing

I didn't know anyone actually bought SQL from Epicor, on purpose. LOL. They charge you maintenance on the program yearly. 

The answer is yes, you can run any other program that requires it. BUT!!! Epicor should be the only thing using the SQL database except third party modules that need access to Epicor. I wouldn't run Epicor and Sage Abra on the same SQL instance.

Jonathan Lang
I.T Manager
Database Engineer

When you buy the SQL licensing from EPICOR, can you run other databases on it?   

Miguel A. Santillan

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

yes
This is kind of a grey area. You pay for licensing for for the program. You can run as many databases as you want, but every now and then microsoft will do an audit and complain about something. But in short terms yes, spin up as many DBs as your server can handle.
I just read something yesterday that states in your agreement that you will not run any other databases not associated with Epicor's offered line of software on their issued SQL Server.  But now I cannot find it.

I am not supposed to, but can I.  Sounds like I can.

Microsoft SQL Server “runtime” licenses are limited for use solely in conjunction with Epicor applications or third

party applications supplied by Epicor. A Microsoft SQL Server “runtime” license may not be used to develop new

applications, databases or tables for non-Epicor supplied applications.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 1:42 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: E10 and SQL Licensing

I just read something yesterday that states in your agreement that you will not run any other databases not associated with Epicor's offered line of software on their issued SQL Server.  But now I cannot find it.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Well there wouldn't be a disclaimer otherwise. :)

You most certainly can

Rob Bucek

Production Control Manager

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

Black River Falls, WI 54615

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

Mobile: 715-896-3119

rbucek@...

Visit our newly redesigned Website at www.dsmfg.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 3:34 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] E10 and SQL Licensing

When you buy the SQL licensing from EPICOR, can you run other databases on it?   

Miguel A. Santillan

Disclaimer