E10 Client Requirements

If the client does not open, change the AppServerURL in the config file. Use the Server IP instead of the server name. Example below…

<AppServerURL value="net.tcp://SERVERIP/ERP100500" />

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 10:48 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: E10 Client Requirements

Thanks.  I'm running .NET 4.5.50709 so I told the support people to install that.  I am having an odd issue for which I will be starting another thread in a little while after I do more research.

From: "Jason Claggett jason@... [vantage]" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 8:25:38 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: E10 Client Requirements

Todd,

In addition to the .NET 4.5.1 mentioned by Habib, I found this buried in the Hardware Sizing guide

Epicor Client machine / Epicor Workstation
For desktop / network clients, keep in mind that other installed applications, specifically Microsoft products, have requirements of their own over and above the requirements for Epicor ERP 10. The Epicor client will perform better on workstations that have sufficient memory and processor power to run all your applications.

Recommended Configuration

Windows Vista / 7 or 8 Professional (32-bit or 64-bit*)
2.8 GHz or higher. Recommended dual core 32-bit or 64-bit processor and SATA hard drives. SSD is especially beneficial if the workstation runs multiple applications at the same time.
4 GB (add more RAM if the workstation is shared by multiple applications)
Disk Space for Epicor Smart Client Software
2 GB
SVGA or higher adapter Color SVGA monitor with 1024 X 768 resolution
DVD-R
DVD-R drive (if not on server)
Other
Internet connection recommended for online support and downloading latest updates

Jason Claggett
Vice President of Technology
2W Technologies, Inc.
Epicor Certified Partner
312.533.4033 x8039
jason@...<mailto:jason@...>
[Description: bus_prtnr_2C_vert_sm]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

I tried to install the E10 client for a user on an older laptop (not that old really) and it failed claiming .NET 4.5 needed to be installed.  It has 4.0.  OK, that's fine but when I do that will it then ask for something else?  I would like to get it (and others) updated all at once.  I have looked for a couple hours and can find no minimum specs on EPICweb or elsewhere for the client.
What are the minimal version of any required software?  I do know they are all Win 7 already.

Thanks,
-Todd C.

I believe the only requirement for the fat client install is .NET 4.5.1 and if you want to see a print preview(!) a PDF viewer though don't use Adobe Reader as the spin up is much too slow - we use FoxIT and my users are much happier with the performance.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 1:43 PM, TODD caughey-t@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><div style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12pt;color:#000000;"><div>I tried to install the E10 client for a user on an older laptop (not that old really) and it failed claiming .NET 4.5 needed to be installed.  It has 4.0.  OK, that&#39;s fine but when I do that will it then ask for something else?  I would like to get it (and others) updated all at once.  I have looked for a couple hours and can find no minimum specs on EPICweb or elsewhere for the client.<br>
What are the minimal version of any required software? I do know they are all Win 7 already.
Â
Thanks,
-Todd C.
Â

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Thanks for confirming the 4.5.  I will have our support people get everyone up to date.

-Todd C.

From: "Habib Smith aidacra@... [vantage]" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:00:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] E10 Client Requirements

I believe the only requirement for the fat client install is .NET 4.5.1 and if you want to see a print preview(!) a PDF viewer though don't use Adobe Reader as the spin up is much too slow - we use FoxIT and my users are much happier with the performance.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 1:43 PM, TODD caughey-t@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I tried to install the E10 client for a user on an older laptop (not that old really) and it failed claiming .NET 4.5 needed to be installed.  It has 4.0.  OK, that's fine but when I do that will it then ask for something else?  I would like to get it (and others) updated all at once.  I have looked for a couple hours and can find no minimum specs on EPICweb or elsewhere for the client.
What are the minimal version of any required software?  I do know they are all Win 7 already.

Thanks,
-Todd C.

Todd,

In addition to the .NET 4.5.1 mentioned by Habib, I found this buried in the Hardware Sizing guide

For desktop / network clients, keep in mind that other installed applications, specifically Microsoft products, have requirements of their own over and above the requirements for Epicor ERP 10. The Epicor client will perform better on workstations that have sufficient memory and processor power to run all your applications.

2.8 GHz or higher. Recommended dual core 32-bit or 64-bit processor and SATA hard drives. SSD is especially beneficial if the workstation runs multiple applications at the same time.
2 GB
DVD-R
Other
Internet connection recommended for online support and downloading latest updates

Jason Claggett
2W Technologies, Inc.
Epicor Certified Partner
312.533.4033 x8039

Thanks.  I'm running .NET 4.5.50709 so I told the support people to install that.  I am having an odd issue for which I will be starting another thread in a little while after I do more research.

From: "Jason Claggett jason@... [vantage]" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 8:25:38 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: E10 Client Requirements

Todd,

2 GB
DVD-R
Other

Jason Claggett
2W Technologies, Inc.
Epicor Certified Partner
312.533.4033 x8039