E10 Crystal Reports Print Preview not working - Last Action - Process

Hi All,

We are in the process of fixing / migrating Crystal reports to E10 after a db conversion. We’ve installed Crystal and the corresponding patch on two different machines, and on one machine we found print preview works but on the other it doesn’t. We’ve verified Crystal is installed(can open the program), and that the patch is installed(reported already installed after reinstalling same error). We’ve tried rebooting and the problem persists. We also looked into event viewer and don’t see any errors or clues.

The clue we’ve notice is in the system monitor a print preview(same report) on my machine shows last action as Auto Previewed where when I’m logged in as me on the machine that doesn’t work and try to print preview the same report in the same DB it says last action Process. Any suggestions?

We seem to run into this issue once in a while but not often enough for me to remember exactly what we do to fix it. :thinking:

On the machine you are having problems with, are you able to highlight the entry and click Print Preview from the Reports Tab in the System Monitor? If the Print Previews pop-up then I would say your Crystal reports runtime is working fine on the machine.

Have you tried clicking Options - Clear Client Cache (from the Classic View) on the Epicor Main Menu? I think that might be what we’ve done to fix this issue in the past. This seems like the go-to fix for us when we have strange problems that pop-up or don’t pop-up, however you’d like to look at it. :wink:

Thank you selecting the report and action - print preview resulted in an error. This is much better, I’ll google around, or if anyone knows what causes the Could not load file or assembly log4net please let us know.

Looks like the install instructions we were given were flawed:

Exception caught in: CrystalDecisions Shared - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum indicates we need 32 bit crystal installed. This makes sense as the machine it’s working on had e9 installed and as a result crystal(probably 32 bit). Anyway I’ll test this out and post back for historical reference.

Hmm I’ve got several version of Crystal floating around and not sure which version we need. Any chance there is an install guide somewhere we can reference rather than guessing?

If helpful we got a CD from Epicor for Crystal Reports 2013. A consultant also provided a patch CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_14.zip. It would appear there is another dependency that needs to be installed to get Crystal working.

I have the 32 bit run time installed.

Crystal Runtime bits need to match Epicor.exe version, NOT the Operating System bits.

So if you’re running Windows 10 64bit, but using Epicor.exe (i.e. the 32bit version) then you need the 32bit Crystal runtime installed.

If you use Epicor64.exe, then you need the 64bit Crystal runtime.

3 Likes