E10: Product Configurator - Setting Input.Invisible takes long t

Just as an update.
I received a one off that lists the same SCRs as below (148182, 158035, 158032) and it did not fix my issue.

Joe Rojas | Director of Information Technology | Mats Inc
dir: 781-573-0291 | cell: 781-408-9278 | fax: 781-232-5191

addr: 179 Campanelli Pkwy | Stoughton | MA | 02072-3734
jrojas@... | www.matsinc.com
Ask us about our clean, green and beautiful matting and flooring

[cid:4d8c16.png@44a9aea6.47a6bfb8]
This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 12:16 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] E10: Product Configurator - Setting Input.Invisible takes long time to process

Joe,

Here are the patch numbers:

RE: One Off of SCRs 158032, 158035, 148182 for 700.4 TT# 3287965ESC

I don't know what all of them do. They were in response to very slow times for the client-side UD methods to fire.

I didn't exhaustively test the the invisible attribute, but I couldn't see any appreciable lag.

I also didn't try the invisible attribute before they applied the patches.

The thing we did see when we went to 700.4 was that all but one of my configurators broke, and it took a while to figure out why. On all but the one, I call a server-side method called "ReadPart" that gets a part record for description, price, etc. In 700.2 I use the full name "UDMethods.ReadPart." On 700.4 I have to drop the "UDMethods." from the method name or the method won't compile.

Hope it helps. Good luck!

Joe Trent

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Joe Rojas jrojas@...<mailto:jrojas@...> [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

My bad. :)
I am using the Invisible property. That’s what I get for free handing the code.

There is other code in this OnFieldChanged action but it is definitely the setting of the Invisible property.
If I don’t set any inputs to invisible, the action takes 1 second to run.
It I set one input to invisible, 7 seconds.
2 inputs to invisible, 13 seconds.
7 inputs to invisible, 43 seconds.

There is no code on any actions for the inputs being set to invisible.

We just went from 700.2 to 700.4 yesterday because of other bug fixes with the configurator that we needed.
You mentioned several on-off patches for 700.4, do you have these installed? Maybe one of these patches addresses this issue, which is why you are not seeing it.

dir: 781-573-0291<tel:781-573-0291> | cell: 781-408-9278<tel:781-408-9278> | fax: 781-232-5191<tel:781-232-5191>

jrojas@...<mailto:jrojas@...> | www.matsinc.com<http://www.matsinc.com>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hello,

I am trying to set a bunch of inputs to be invisible based on the value of a drop down input.
I am doing this by adding code to the drop down input’s OnFieldChanged action.
An example of my testing code is:
Inputs.cutqty2.Visible = !Inputs.cutqty2.Visible;

For each control that I set to invisible, it takes 6 seconds to process.
I tested with a varying number of inputs and the 6 second increment seems very consistent.

From previous threads, I believe OnFieldChanged is client side so this amount of time per input seems extreme.
I will need to toggle the invisible property on 126 inputs at a time, which is estimate to take 12.6 minutes.

Has anyone encountered this?
I tried calling support but I got the tech named Phil who always tells me that he’s never heard of my issue before. I’m going to call back tomorrow in the hopes of getting a different tech.

[cid:3289ea.png@863f730a.41802a97]
This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Joe,

I tried this out in 10.0.700.4 and didn't have an issue. Instead of the "Visible" attribute as in your example I used "Invisible."

Is there something else running in the OnFieldChanged code, like maybe a user-defined method? When we went from 700.2 to 700.4 (currently in testing on a separate server) the response time for the client-side methods got really bad, and Epicor issued several one-off patches.

I'd be interested in what you find.

Thanks,

Joe Trent

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Joe Rojas jrojas@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>Hello,

I am trying to set a bunch of inputs to be invisible based on the value of a drop down input.

I tested with a varying number of inputs and the 6 second increment seems very consistent.

From previous threads, I believe OnFieldChanged is client side so this amount of time per input seems extreme.
I will need to toggle the invisible property on 126 inputs at a time, which is estimate to take 12.6 minutes.

I tried calling support but I got the tech named Phil who always tells me that he’s never heard of my issue before. I’m going to call back tomorrow in the hopes of getting a different tech.

Changing anything in the configurator invisible is a MAJOR time issue.  I had to put in extra code to make sure those checks were avoided unless absolutely necessary.  I have reported this to Epicor several times.

Brenda

Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] E10: Product Configurator - Setting Input.Invisible takes long time to process

Joe,

I tried this out in 10.0.700.4 and didn't have an issue. Instead of the "Visible" attribute as in your example I used "Invisible."

Is there something else running in the OnFieldChanged code, like maybe a user-defined method? When we went from 700.2 to 700.4 (currently in testing on a separate server) the response time for the client-side methods got really bad, and Epicor issued several one-off patches.

Thanks,

Joe Trent

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Joe Rojas jrojas@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hello,

There is other code in this OnFieldChanged action but it is definitely the setting of the Invisible property.

We just went from 700.2 to 700.4 yesterday because of other bug fixes with the configurator that we needed.
You mentioned several on-off patches for 700.4, do you have these installed? Maybe one of these patches addresses this issue, which is why you are not seeing it.

[cid:d30953.png@2770733a.439f9cb9]

Joe,

Thanks,

Joe Trent

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Joe Rojas jrojas@...<mailto:jrojas@...> [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

Hello,

dir: 781-573-0291<tel:781-573-0291> | cell: 781-408-9278<tel:781-408-9278> | fax: 781-232-5191<tel:781-232-5191>

Thanks for the feedback Brenda!
I’m glad it’s not just me.
What has Epicor told you when you reported this issue?

[cid:812cec.png@94a1952e.4e8248a1]

Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 6:38 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] E10: Product Configurator - Setting Input.Invisible takes long time to process

Changing anything in the configurator invisible is a MAJOR time issue. I had to put in extra code to make sure those checks were avoided unless absolutely necessary. I have reported this to Epicor several times.

Brenda

Joe,

Thanks,

Joe Trent

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Joe Rojas jrojas@...<mailto:jrojas@...> [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

Hello,

Not much.  We have had a few issues with speed.  We version locked at 10.0.700.2 because of all the changes being made, many at our request / suggestion.  We are pretty patch-worked at the moment and I was really hoping that 10.1 would put things back in order so to speak.  We are waiting “patiently” for news of its release.  I did send another note off to my contact at Epicor right after I sent you the last reply once again inquiring. We have a lot of code in our configurator, hitting both thru Epicor and SQL direct in addition to the invisible stuff.  At this point our E10 configurator although much more “Handy Dandy”, is slower than E9 was.

Brenda

Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 8:49 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] E10: Product Configurator - Setting Input.Invisible takes long time to process

Changing anything in the configurator invisible is a MAJOR time issue. I had to put in extra code to make sure those checks were avoided unless absolutely necessary. I have reported this to Epicor several times.

Brenda

Joe,

Thanks,

Joe Trent

Hello,

Joe,

I don't know what all of them do. They were in response to very slow times for the client-side UD methods to fire.

I didn't exhaustively test the the invisible attribute, but I couldn't see any appreciable lag.

The thing we did see when we went to 700.4 was that all but one of my configurators broke, and it took a while to figure out why. On all but the one, I call a server-side method called "ReadPart" that gets a part record for description, price, etc. In 700.2 I use the full name "UDMethods.ReadPart." On 700.4 I have to drop the "UDMethods." from the method name or the method won't compile.

Joe Trent

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Joe Rojas jrojas@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>My bad. :)

jrojas@… | www.matsinc.com

Hi Brenda,

We are moving to 700.4 because our MRP won't run on 700.2. I runs partway through and hangs. I gathers some others have had the same issue.

700.4 has introduced at least one other issue. When the price is returned from the configurator, the customer discount amount is not updated unless we change something like the expected order qty, customer discount, doc unit price, etc.

It seems even with the patching they've done, our methods still fire a little slower. It's hard to tell, though.

It's all fun!

Joe

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 9:45 AM, brenda mohr brenda@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

Not much. We have had a few issues with speed. We version locked at 10.0.700.2 because of all the changes being made, many at our request / suggestion. We are pretty patch-worked at the moment and I was really hoping that 10.1 would put things back in order so to speak. We are waiting “patiently” for news of its release. I did send another note off to my contact at Epicor right after I sent you the last reply once again inquiring. We have a lot of code in our configurator, hitting both thru Epicor and SQL direct in addition to the invisible stuff. At this point our E10 configurator although much more “Handy Dandy”, is slower than E9 was.

Â

Brenda

Â

Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 8:49 AM

Â

Â

Brenda

Joe,

Thanks,

Joe Trent

Hello,

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Thanks Joe.

It’s weird, only the last SCR number shows in the SCR site.

I’ll try my luck again calling support.

[cid:83d6da.png@dd680b9c.40b85cd9]

Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 12:16 PM

Joe,

Joe Trent

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Joe Rojas jrojas@...<mailto:jrojas@...> [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

jrojas@...<mailto:jrojas@...> | www.matsinc.com<http://www.matsinc.com>