E904 to 9.05.701 upgrade

I had two crash out of 45 or so. I lost 5 BPMS out of 150. All customizations on BPM forms failed but work once manually validated. Deployed dashboards had to be recompiled but all worked. Only unresolved upgrade issue at this point is that I cannot get a BAQ to filter on a calculated field. Don't know why that stopped working.

The two customizations that failed were repairable. There were a disconnected pointers in the XML. When I cleared them out it worked as intended. We were going from 606B to 701.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Elizabeth
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:07 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] E904 to 9.05.701 upgrade

Currently on 9.04.507A, have 9.05.701 on a test server for eventual upgrade (I'm giving myself until probably 3/31/13).

Of the first 10 screen customizations I've looked at, only 3 survived the upgrade process. Although all are listed in Customization Maintenance, and all are properly attached to their appropriate programs in Menu Maintenance, the other 7 are either too badly spaced out (due to screen changes) or not even visible.

Is 30% a normal hit rate for customization upgrades? Should I have expected this with the significant changes between 04 and 05?

Out of the 40 or so BPMs I've tested so far, only one has failed validation.

Updateable dashboards look pretty cool!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Currently on 9.04.507A, have 9.05.701 on a test server for eventual upgrade (I'm giving myself until probably 3/31/13).

Of the first 10 screen customizations I've looked at, only 3 survived the upgrade process. Although all are listed in Customization Maintenance, and all are properly attached to their appropriate programs in Menu Maintenance, the other 7 are either too badly spaced out (due to screen changes) or not even visible.

Is 30% a normal hit rate for customization upgrades? Should I have expected this with the significant changes between 04 and 05?

Out of the 40 or so BPMs I've tested so far, only one has failed validation.

Updateable dashboards look pretty cool!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries