ECM - AP Automation and Receipt Lines

Our AP Clerk recently brought up that the Invoice Match is only looking at receipt headers when calculating the match in our AP Automation workflow. So if we receive two items on a shipment but our vendor bills us for each item on separate invoices, ECM isn’t recognizing that it can match one of the lines from the receipt. We have an example below.

We’ve been using ECM’s AP Automation workflows for the past couple of years and overall are pretty happy with how it’s working for us. However, during implementation our consultant did make quite a few changes to the “base” workflows which has made it difficult to identify what behavior is part of the system vs what was added in or changed for us.

If anyone else has seen this behavior or the opposite (where ECM will match to each receipt line separately), that would be helpful to know. If our workflows are this custom, we might end up reverting back to the original workflows and starting from scratch.

Thanks!

The receipt in question: notice it has two lines received on the same packing slip from the vendor. The quantity and for Line 1 match the invoice.

The invoice from the vendor and ECM’s match not seeing that it can pull the line item:

1 Like

I believe at the time of implementation we had to decide whether we were going to do line level detail or header footer. What it would take to switch from one to the other I am not qualified to talk about haha. Maybe @BScanlan or @vleveris could comment (no pressure on either one of you, I know y’all are paid to give advice/provide support and I want you to know I am very conscious of that, very thankful for how much you already contribute to our group).

From my experience, this ultimately comes down to how ECM will not recognize a line on a receipt but instead it is looking at the entire receipt value. For the PNP workflow, which is the header/footer style, you would be looking to match your invoice subtotal to a receipt total. In this case you have two separate invoices, each with their own subtotal, and one receipt. Vendors don’t typically provide two invoices for one shipment so I am curious if this was more of a receiving issue than an invoicing one. You could split the receipt in Epicor so that each line is its own receipt and then run each invoice through ECM to match them up with their respective receipt entry.

@utaylor, thanks for the kind words! Always appreciated. Happy to help here on the forums, but our ability is often restricted to simpler things as the more complex stuff would certainly require us to have our own access to environments to troubleshoot. Of course, this would have to go through proper consulting channels, though.

2 Likes

Thank you for the insight! I wasn’t involved in our implementation so it’s good to hear that this is expected behavior. I’ll have to check with our Purchasing, AP, and Receiving departments to see if something changed in how we’re processing this vendor. We’ve had a few process changes around purchasing so something may have changed that we didn’t expect.

1 Like