ECM - Forms - Handheld resolution

Hi guys, I need your opinion about ECM (Docstar) forms through mobile handheld.

I’am using ECM V23.1.90, and I created some Forms. Did I miss something about Forms access by handheld (ex: Iphone) ? I have some issue with zoom, or resolution … The screen is very very shrinked …

I’am not able to change width-height on iFrame. I’am able to put meta name viewport because I redirected the page to custom html, but it still shrinked …

Do you have any information (best practice) about Forms development for an Handheld ?
CSS or Javascript can modify the form ? I think the problem it’s a document letter format. We can’t change widht-height.

Thanks for your support …
Marc

Can’t say that we’ve done that yet on the mobile app. Have a few forms but none being used on the mobile app. But interested in what you find out.

Thanks for reply. I will give you more information in next days. I will resume my testing.

1 Like

Hi Mike, I got It.
Basically, all DIV in the form has width px = 8 1/2 x 11 sheet.
So width = 1000px, the reason why mobile device compress. Even if you add meta view tag at the beginning on the page, it’s too large.
I changed all width for all div, with javascript function. I put 500px.

You can access to the Iframe elements with javascript, and reduce width for each one.

Let me know if you want to see my code.
To put javascript and meta view, you have to copy the Iframe link source and past into the custom HTML page. From there, you put javascript code and any custom html, + Iframe source link provide by ECM Form.

Marc

2 Likes

That’s superb! and thanks for sharing!

I’m passing this on to my teammate who is working on the ECM forms project. IF this comes to being used on a handheld - we will reach out about the code!