ECM won't generate documentation for workflow or pdf for forms

Hi. We moved ECM to a new server in prep for upgrade.
Test move/upgrade has no issues and we did the same steps in Prod.
We are running into two issues:

1. We get an error when generating documentation for a workflow 'Unable to generate workflow summary PDF".
  2. When we submit a Form, we get an error "OpenPDF file ‘C:\Windows\TEMP\Eclipse\Forms\xxxx.pdf’ not found.

I suspect both are the same issue?

Were would the docs go after TEMP ?

Mine are in the browser download folder.

Any ideas as to why this error is occurring?

EPICOR is refusing to help us due to an older version (20.2), however generating workflow docs is important to ensuring a smooth upgrade AND this worked before the server move. so frustrating!

I’d want to check the server logs. I’m wondering if something is pointing back to your old environment still.

1 Like

we checked that, and shared the info with Epicor. Waiting on their call.

I have never generated workflow docs for an upgrade and if you have the current production server and an upgraded test server to verify the workflow back to I would take a snapshot and proceed with the upgrade and if the issue still exists you are on a current version.

I would suggest export the data in the system using export/import. This will allow for import of the data if the upgrade doesn’t work correctly.

Do a sql backup of AAAA0001, Astria_host, and EclipseSignalRbackplane to avoid not losing data.

1 Like

There is also the issue of Forms.

We need these working and cannot wait 3 weeks for the upgrade as these are used daily.

Waiting for vendor to call.

What exactly moved to the new server? ECM website? database?

There was an issue that the Server entry in Astria_Host CompanyInstance table does not get moved to a new DB even if you reran the install wizard.

I know when I’ve moved the sql database from server to server, you need to update the sql server in the company instance in the astria_host db. I would suggest try this and rerun in the ecm configuration, check your iis access with your sql user to validate the user has sql access. If all of this doesn’t work, backup your databases and maybe spin up a new vm, install ecm with newest version. Import old databases and move image storage files. Them do the sql updates for image storage locations and company instance. This should result in new version with databases. Rerun ECM configuration after running restoring databases.

We updated the db name - that was one of the first steps. We did everything the same as our Test environment, and there are no issues there. Also IIS is fine as well - IT confirmed it is not a permissions issue.
Where are image storage locations normally?

You can browse all websites by opening them from IIS without error?

Sorry I don’t know how to do that in IIS?

The one with 443 works fine.

Does it matter who I am logged in as?

You tested all ecm related sites?

What users are set up on the services?

Can you re-create the error and go immediately to your windows event logs under admin and share what the Astria error is?

We are meeting with the vendor to go thru this.

I really appreciate everyone’s input and willingness to help us out.

I’ll post an update once this is resolved.

I will see if they all work in the Test environment and see how that compares to Live. We don’t have these issues in Test.

In our Test environment we have two sites that work (I think they’re duplicated). One is called EclipseWeb and the other is ECMWeb and both *:80 and *:443 work.

In our Prod environment EclipseWeb works for *:443 but not *:80.

None of the other ones work for either Test/Prod.

Can you try to use the admin account on that app pool and browse?
I typically see issues within the system if you can’t browse to :80 from IIS.