unattendedmodeui=none
installMode=localInstall
clientExePath=
allowedURL=
allowedURL=
allowedURL=
allowedURL=

1 Like

Thanks Tony, is there a help file with these? I couldn’t find it hence my questions.

Randy,

I do not believe there is a help file…There is not an out of the box Epicor mass deployment for the Edge agent. I believe I was told 2024.1 they will release a silent install for it when I was figuring out how to mass deploy edge agent when going live with 2023.2

I think my IT Manager went and found the registries for this install and see what is what it was pulling when doing the installation manually to get the config file for mass deployment. FYI you should be able to find the edge agent installed configuration here: C:\Program Files\Epicor\EdgeAgent\edgeapp\appsettings.json

Should be able to find the allowed appservers and clientexecutables and other information.

1 Like

Yeah, I found that json file and gave everything to our infrastructure team. We’re soon going to 24.1 though so maybe we’ll wait for that before planning to deploy the agent.

On the same road you all have traveled here.
Is this situation requiring a ‘Run once’ ALWAYS true?
If there is no delta between server and client and no update is needed, will the Edge Agent successfully install after the Kinetic client installer finishes or is it hard requirement to run the client once in any case, then install the Edge Agent ?
So far as I have see, there isn’t a straight forward silent ‘run once and close me’ switch to resolve this Kinetic client requirement silently, to provide for sequential installers.
There was also a /Skip switch for the classic shortcut icon properties target, that I believe caused the client to ignore checking in with the appserver, but that too would be something that would have to be set for only one run as part of a work around. Not sure it would resolve anything if the run once requirement for the client is absolutely required. Just curious on others testings?

Have you hasda look at the installer switches, perhaps there are some hidden gems there…

Not in front of a puter to take a look at the file