EDI - Min order Qty

Can you make it so EDI kicks to demand workbench if the order comes in below our minimum order quantity?

@utaylor To do that you would need to adjust the .app file to set the accept type to ASD Always Stop Demand from ALW. There is a series of methods you can attach to modify data (link below), but I don’t know if any of them are soon enough in the process.

Plus how are you going to know if the order is under the min without an order to evaluate?

1 Like

I didn’t know if on the demand import side you could do something.

UTaylor, I am attempting to do something similar with frustratingly poor results. Were you able to get this working in the import methods and, if so, how?

1 Like

Welcome to the community Matthew.

I used minimum call quantity in the demand contract for our trading partner.

Did you try that? It works alright in that it kicks it to the demand workbench when they don’t order enough.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, Utah. Unfortunately, what I need is a bit different. We have an Epicor function that checks our external engineering systems and returns a true/false and an error string if needed when the passed part number is or is not ready to be produced. I am hopefully to pass the incoming ordered part to this function and redirect any that fail to the demand workbench with a meaningful error from the returned string. I can’t seem to locate the correct placement for a BPM to call this function and then write to the intermediate tables. I thought it was ImportEDIb4val but that isn’t working for me. Any advice?

Matthew, that is an interesting flow. I do not know enough about the import EDI process to point oy in the right direction as to what BPMs or data directives you could use.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate any and all help anyone sends. :slight_smile: