Employee Photo on BAQ?

Is it possible? I want to display the employees photo on the BAQ and effectively turn it into a dashboard.

At the moment, I’m pulling EmpBasic.PhotoID and EmpBasic.PhotoFile but PhotoFile is blank and PhotoID just displays the ID of the Employee (ID I gave the photo)

Help :smiley:

There was a post a few weeks back about putting images in forms. Search for that.

edit

Well, it was for sending images to reports, but there’s a lot of overlap that might be helpful

Yeah I’ll take a look but can it be done in a BAQ?

There’s no data type of “picture” that a BAQ could could contain, so it really be done as a customization on the dashboard. The BAQ will just give you the info the customization needs to fetch the picture.

Here’s an even better link (complete with video-how-to)

2 Likes

Hi Calvin,

Are you able to take a look at this? I can’t seem to stop Indirect_Description from duplicating. If I put it in a XML CAST the BAQ designer just freaks out.

Any ideas?

TEAGLE-LiveSupervisors.baq (71.7 KB)

Unfortunately I’m not very confident in how the FOR XML PATH thing works.

But on the one BAQ I have that uses it, my Subquery Criteria has many more rows - with some relating to tables in other subqueries.

Maybe your subQueries 3,4 & 5 need extra criteria in the SubQuery Criteria, including references to fields in the other subq’s tables…

The For XML Path simply takes the whole result from the sub query and jams it into a single field formatted with XML. Then you bring it up a level by using a single sub select, then do some string manipulation to remove the XML formatting junk.

Hi Banderson,

How would I display Indirect.Description? On this BAQ without the BAQ having a melt down.

I don’t really know. I don’t have anything in that table in my DB. Can you give me a better description of what’s happening then “Melt down” or “Freaks out”. Do you get a message that says what’s going on? Is it timing out? Something?

So I popped open your query, and you can’t just join on company. You’re going to get duplicates… (# of laborHeadReqs X # of IndirectRecords)