EMWW PCID Material Queue Processing Scan Validation

Anyone using EMWW know if there’s a way to force Scan Validation of PCID on Material Queue Processing?

For example if we allocate by PCID the Hand held already gives you the material queue with a pre populated from PCID and all you got to do is click save.

But we want our guys to verify they are picking the right PIDS. There’s a bunch of options to enable Scan Validation but I can’t find one for this?

CC:
@anthonyc @pphillips

Confirm they are picking the correct From PCID?

If the part they need to pick has unallocated quantity in multiple PCIDs I’m not sure how to know if what they are doing is strictly incorrect.

Right the screen says get PCID

I want to make sure they grab the right one off the floor. So I want them to scan the one they grabbed off the floor and have it “confirm” it matches 12312423526

Its a validation scan, they do it all over the place.

I am pretty sure, as far as Epicor is concerned, picking any quantity is a-ok as long as it is available, even if it isn’t from the specific allocated location.

If you allocate 1 of part a in PCID 123, but someone decides to pick that 1 from PCID 456 and that quantity isn’t already spoken for, I don’t think Epicor sees this as incorrect.

I think this is what you are looking for (or the option two or three options below the one I circled):

This one looks interesting too:

That’s for issue and return though not for MTL Queue but I will try it.

But if they leave 123 in the field, and physically pull it from 456… we still have a problem. :man_facepalming:

Is not a decision that is made, think about it like this

Material Queue says as shown below PICK: 350 from PCID: 0050000001540

Now you are a tired forklift driver with poor vision, you roll up to bin E0453 there’s a handful of pallets, you grab one that looks “right” and you go on your way. You click save on the transaction…

Turns out you picked the wrong pallet… that’s what validation scans are for, it prevents errors.

This was the ticket @BKen turning on FROM SCAN validation

There is a Scan Validation section of Settings:

There are many options for requiring PCID scan validations.

I’m pretty sure the allocation for 123 just goes away and that inventory becomes available again.

Misunderstood the problem. Apologies.

No worries. We didn’t mean to gang up on you, we were just both typing at the same time, lol.

The setting does make you scan something but it will allow a change. And sometimes on Tuesdays that fine, and other days it’s not because – insert some stupid reason here.

But that is a handy setting.

Hi Jose,

I forwarded your email on to the mobile warehouse team, try the below to see if it resolves the issue.

They need to enable “Require from PCID scan validation” option in Settings > Scan Validation – Process Issue or Return section.

This enables the red barcode icon above the From PCID field and prevents processing the transaction if PCID is not scanned

image001.png

image002.png

image004.png

image001.jpg

Is there a way to require that the originally indicated PCID is the one that is scanned? In some cases we have requirements that they pick a specific PCID and that is determined in the material queue (for FIFO reasons). From our testing, they are require to scan a PCID, but it can be a different PCID, and the scan will change the number in the field and still come back with a green check mark.

1 Like

I think that would need to be a BPM. This is what I was getting at originally, not picking from the allocated PCID isn’t strictly incorrect according to Epicor so I don’t know how it would know to throw up an error out of the box.

Might not be exactly what you’re looking for, but if the Package Control ID Configuration has the Outbound checkbox selected, the user can’t override which PCID they pick. It has to be the one that was allocated.

Does that put any other restrictions on it? If not, that might be a viable solution.

I think the Outbound Container option is only available for Dynamic PCID types. It makes the Dynamic PCID “last” through the shipment as opposed to being consumed by the pick form what I can tell. With this checkbox off, you can select any valid PCID at picking, with it on, the PCID selection is disabled (from and to). So, it sort of rules out the validation scan as well. We setup a process to scan the PCID again at Customer Shipment as a “more or less” validation scan.

hi @pphillips
This works exactly like we want (YAY) only problem is its a company wide setting. Any way to make this plant specific.

I talked with Steve Duralde, an Epicor Employee who works directly with Biscit and he said that Biscit was working on some more advanced settings which allow for site specific settings. I haven’t seen this myself, but I am attempting to work with Steve directly to improve things around scan validations specifically for GS1 barcoding but the question has come up several times for scan validation by location as some sites we are ready to do scan validation on, but others are not ready yet.