Enable Change Log

Is there a knowledge base article or guide to enabling change logging? I know caution must be exercised to not be overly ambitious at logging changes so as to not hinder performance.

Just go into Epicor Help within your environment and search for “enable change log directive”. The first result that pops up will step you through how to do this.
-Sharla

3 Likes

Perfect … thx.
-Tim

In version 10 change logs are handled under Data Directives. You mention performance but I would also add to consider your database swelling from trying to log too many fields in a lot of different areas. A change log report also exists out of the box to show results of logging.

I found a video on YouTube that shows you how to do this step-by-step.

Hey SpeedOfLight: We have about 8 fields in the customer table designated for logging using a Data Directive, and that directive is enabled. In the Change Log Report, I submitted a print preview for the last 24 hours, and while the task request was sent to system monitor, nothing was generated. I did the same for the past week. I guarantee that we’ve added/change data in those fields in the last week. Is there something I might be overlooking in logging?

@tkueppers,
If a report or task only shows up under the Schedule Tasks tab and does not run in a few minutes, then it is because your Task Agent is not running for that App Pool or it is hung up. You will want to restart the Task Agent for that App Pool via the Epicor Admin Console.

Thanks Rick. Turns out that the Task Agent for that environment is definitely not running. It appears that I need to create one. If I use the same User ID as the others, what is the default password for User ID ‘print’?

‘print’ is just the suggested user name for that, there’s no default. If the password isn’t also ‘print’ you’ll have to check your setup documentation and hope whoever created the account wrote it down.

Ashley … thanks for that clarification.