Entered Opportunity/Quote and Sales Order in the wrong Plant

When I enter an order, I first create an Opportunity/Quote. Once I get the Opportunity/Quote number, I go to Sales Order Entry > Get Opportunity/Quote to link and create the Sales Order Entry.
We have several business units and some orders need to be entered in Plant 1, others in Plant 2. I mistakenly entered an order in the wrong Plant. Is there a way to remedy this without changing the quote or sales order number?

Wonder if you can change the “From” information on your SO Release(s)
and if that would resolve everything for you?

1 Like

No, the dropdown only shows the current plant.
However, I did wiggle my way out of this and will share the steps in this post soon.
I think your way is MUCH better and will find out why we can’t find a way to back out of a mistake easier than the steps I had to make.
Thank you so much for responding!

Yes, won’t be available to change for all parts, not sure all the criteria.
I believe a minimum requirement is the part master must include the desired plant.

Thank you Bruce for your response.
The following steps are a workaround for those in a similar situation.

How to Correct, When the Opportunity/Quote, Sales Order and Job Were Entered in the Wrong Plant

1. Delete the Part - Go to the ‘wrong’ plant, where you created the part > Production Management > Job Management > Setup > Part > Search/Find the Part > Delete Part
  2. Delete the Job - While in the ‘wrong’ plant > Production Management > General Operations > Job Entry > Search/Find the Job > Delete Job
  3. Recreate Part in the Correct Plant - Go to the Correct Plant > Sales Management > Quote Management > General Operations > Opportunity Quote Entry > Search/Find Quote > Follow the usual steps to create a Part
  4. Link the Quote to the Sales Order - While in the Correct Plant > Sales Management > Order Management > General Operations > Order Entry > Go to File > New Line From Quote > Search/Find Quote > Click OK. You should see the Part in Line 1
  5. Recreate the Job in the Correct Plant - While in the Correct Plant follow the same steps for creating a New Job via Job Entry
  6. Save the Sales Order Acknowledgement.