Enterprise Search

I have set up a Kinetic 2021 server to have the users ‘play’ with. The only endpoint binding for the application is HttpsBinaryUsernameChannel. I configured the enterprise search extension, created a search index and completed an index build.

I can use the search box from the classic client on the server and results are shown for the search. If i try the same thing from the classic client on a different computer I get: “Search results not available at this time. Error details: Unable to connect to the remote server”

can anyone point out what I may have missed in setting up the demo server?

The URL for ESE is in the company maintenance screen and should be used for every client. Is it set for 'global? Are your two clients logging into the same ‘company’ in the demo database?

Otherwise, (I’m not on K21 yet, but assuming the clients are the same still) the client on the server is stand-alone separate from the client installed elsewhere, and has a different sysconfig file. I would check the sysconfig files for both and determine if there is anything different.

Lastly, is the client having any difficulty with DNS or connecting to the server where ESE is installed? Clients use the windows network ‘stack’ so any limits/restrictions set for the PC will affect the Epicor Client reaching out to other servers as well.

Hope that helps.

URL is set in company maintenence, same domain user, same epicor user, only one company.
The only difference in sysconfig from server to other computer is on 3rd last line “ZIP” vs. “Zip”
No connectivity issues from computer to server

What certificate do you use in ES? self-signed or normal?

I have a self signed cert and have exported and then imported into trusted root on computer via group policy. Client launches fine…

I added a firewall rule on the server to open TCP port 8098 and now it is working

3 Likes