EpiCare Database Uploads - "Waiting for External Task" for many days

What time frames do you guys typically see when uploading a database for the EpiCare analysts via FTP? We’ve been typically losing a week while the case is marked “Waiting for External Task” for the database to get prepared for the analysts… Is that typical?

It’s frustrating for us and the analysts for the case to go on hold for a week - and then you (and the analyst) need to review all the details a week later when the case is resumed.

Any tips on what we can do to speed this up?

Frankly if you’ve gone to the effort to provide the database, I would assume it is something fairly complicated and more than likely urgent (well from your perspective at least). I would consider contacting your CAM.

I would also be interested to know what is happening between the time you upload the database and it gets looked at. I there some automated process to obfuscate your database before it is loaded into an environment for review? If that is the case then perhaps there are some more steps that as a customer we can do to get the data into a form that can be mounted and examined in a quicker fashion. I don’t know the answer to that, but it would be interesting to know.

Even when we physically deliver the db backup copy in a flash drive up the road to Epicor’s location, it takes about 2-3 days for the db team to upload it. Even then, we had to request it to be pushed up in the priority queue or else what you are seeing is expected given their back log but contact your CAM to help push it. More than likely it’s due to a backlog of db that needs to be uploaded by the db team.

Sooooooooo, have I mentioned that one of the cool things about being in the cloud is that they already have your database. :smirk:

< duck >

2 Likes

Agree. I have an open case with database upload… two weeks and no progress. For all of Epicor’s talk about customer service and support tickets, they are not delivering on promise. Hopefully they up their game soon.

Ha ha, you made a funny! :wink:

“Have you heard about our ‘Pro Support’ ?”

:wink:

I already pay crazy maintenance fees, are they going to charge more for that?

1 Like

Did you not know that this is a real thing?

Haven’t had time to dig into yet. Looking at it, would seem they have confused the issue more than simplified and made promises that they can keep.

By the end of June 2019, your Epicor ERP Standard Support plan and benefits will migrate to Epicor Essential Support. With Essential Support you will receive:

• Unrivalled industry expertise supporting Epicor software and related technologies
  • Award-winning EpicCare support portal
  • Flexible support for on-premises, cloud or hybrid solutions
  • 100% Epicor employee resourced analysts
  • Industry leading response times for priority 1 cases
  • Technology and feature advancements through upgrades or migrations to new Epicor platforms
1 Like