Epicor 10.2.600 - EpicorRpt database and tables

Hello,
In Epicor 10.1.500, when epicor generate the report, all the dataset(tablesname_guid) were created in EpicorRpt database.
but in Epicor 10.2.600, we found the dataset are not generated anymore in the EpicorRpt database. is it a way to bring them back in Epicor 10.2.600 because we have a lot of customized report based on the tables in the EpicorRpt database.

thanks,

Eddy

In the Print Report dialog, the Archive Period now defaults to 0 days. That creates the SSRS tables then immediately deletes them after creating the pdf. Set the Archive Period to something other than 0 days to make the tables persist long enough to see them.

2 Likes

Hello Andrew,
thanks so much, I will try that.

Regards,

Eddy

@alintz - Is the immediate deletion of the SSRS tables - and I mean the instant the report output (PDF, XLS, etc… ) is generated - something new in 10.2.600?

In 10.2.300, a report with no archive setting, isn’t deleted right away. There is a column in the System Monitor named “Purge Date” that appears to be set to 2 hrs after the “Last Action On” (row outlined in red, in opict below)

And it’s not uncommon for me to see rows in the Report tab, that persist beyond the Purge Date. The highlighted reports should have been purged yesterday, but are still shown. Plus, selecting one and choosing Print Preview, does cause the report to be previewed again.

I’d say it started in .400. You know, when you’re running Epicor in Azure (for a lot of companies) and you’re paying for that space, you start to manage your usage better.
:wink:

1 Like

I was going to say that this was a reason for the bloat in the file size @hkeric.wci pointed out the other day. (An XML going from 2 MB to 4MB)

:wink:

But in the case of SaaS, Epicor is eating this cost and won’t make any $$$ off of those in Azure on their own. Hopefully the customizations in Kinetic are more efficient because they are paying the egress fees as well. :thinking:

I’m still on 10.2.200. The SSRS tables are deleted immediately after generating the pdf, unless I tell it to archive longer than 0 days in the Print Report dialog. BUT, the System Monitor does keep the pdf file around for a while so you can re-preview a report without actually regenerating it through SSRS. Those pdf files are located on the client computer at something like C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local\Temp. Maybe the purge date on the System Monitor row is referring to when it deletes those pdf files.

Hello,
In Epicor 10.1.500, the dataset is not deleted immediately. but in Epicor 10.2.600, it is removed immediately. i tried Andrew’s method, in my code, i put row.archivecode = 1 and it worked.

thanks,

Eddy

1 Like