Epicor 9: Company config # decimal points correction

Glad to help. On the cost side I would keep it to no more than 3 decimals unless you really need it and use rounding within Epicor 9 to filter out any extremely small ppv differences on supplier part pricing

--- On Wed, 9/16/09, Michael Doyle <doily2oo5@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Re: Epicor 9: Company config # decimal points correction
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 10:20 AM

Â

Mark-
That was the deal - we do not have multi currency and the fix is on the way from Epicor. Thanks!
Â
Mike

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

I have a situation with E9 setup regarding the # decimal points in cost, price. They seem to have defaulted to 5, we did not change them to 2 at the time of co. config but want to correct to 2 now. Unfortunately they are greyed out and not changeable. The fields of interest are actually Currency.DecimalsCost and Currency.DecimalsPrice. Has anyone experienced this issue and does anyone have a solution/workaround? Our database is not populated at this point except for some low level testing in AR and AP (where the excessive # decimal points manifested itself). We do have a clean database with only configuration but no transaction data which makes me wonder if we could operate directly on the DB (Progress) to make the change. Thoughts? Thanks.

Mike
If you do not have multi currency you cannot change these fields unless you call Epicor and ask them for a one off program they can send you. We actually wanted to expand the supplier price and cost to more than two fields so I needed to run this program to be able to do it
Â
Just call Tech Support, they are aware of the fix and will send to you for whatever database you need
--- On Mon, 9/14/09, doily2oo5 <doily2oo5@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9: Company config # decimal points correction
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 4:08 PM

Â

I have a situation with E9 setup regarding the # decimal points in cost, price. They seem to have defaulted to 5, we did not change them to 2 at the time of co. config but want to correct to 2 now. Unfortunately they are greyed out and not changeable. The fields of interest are actually Currency.DecimalsCo st and Currency.DecimalsPr ice. Has anyone experienced this issue and does anyone have a solution/workaround ? Our database is not populated at this point except for some low level testing in AR and AP (where the excessive # decimal points manifested itself). We do have a clean database with only configuration but no transaction data which makes me wonder if we could operate directly on the DB (Progress) to make the change. Thoughts? Thanks.

Mike

Mark-
That was the deal - we do not have multi currency and the fix is on the way from Epicor. Thanks!
Â
Mike