Epicor Automation Studio was a Hit

Given that this essentially uses REST API, it will work with Classic forms, yes?
Or is there a prerequisite for any forms it touches (e.g. where a button would be placed) to be Kinetic forms?

Automation studio doesn’t really touch the UI. It pulls data from the database, and does stuff with it automatically.

One of the tricks that @timshuwy showed us is to add data tags to a record to trigger automation studio to do something. Adding a data tag can be done a lot of different ways (in the UI, with a BPM etc.) So it doesn’t really matter where it’s coming from.

So “Classic” vs “WEB UI” is pretty much irrelevant for this product. It’s back end, not front end.

5 Likes

Appreciate the response! That’s what I assumed, but wanted to clarify before I go telling management that we can use it now, before we’ve fully switched over to Kinetic forms.

1 Like

as @Banderson said, it doesn’t matter the UI… BUT, if you did the bad/evil no-no of adding business logic into your UI as a customization, then Automation Studio (and BPMs) cannot activate that business logic. BUT if you added UD fields, or have BPMs, those are all visible and activate with Automation Studio activity.
In fact, just today, i had a customer who couldn’t get a recipe to trigger… it looked like it was broke. BUT THEN, we realized that Automation Studio’s security in Kinetic didn’t allow them to edit POs because “AutoStudio” login was not an authorized user of the BUYER. Once we added the user as a buyer, the recipe worked. (The good news is: “The bad news was wrong”). Everything is working as it is supposed to because it still has to follow all the business rules in Kinetic.

1 Like

I would never do this…

@hmwillett you get Tim’s Bozo NoNo Award for doing that! (hahaha)

We use it with 2021 it connects via rest it doesn’t really care that much about the version.

You just have to install it in a 2022 environment but then you can connect backwards works great

3 Likes

Haha nice Jose!

1 Like

I’ve ALWAYS wanted this! #LifeComplete :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The olds know the origin of a “Bozo No No” and it turns out that even before the Internet, we had BS stories.

Bozo the Clown Rumor | Snopes.com