Epicor Cloud how to change what server epicor points to

How to we change what server that epicor connects to, so that it’s pointing to a cloud based drive?

Currently we are working on becoming a company that is all cloud based. We have used Epicor on the cloud for a while and have it connected to an on premise server where all of our files are linked and attached.
We use Google Suit and were looking at using their shared drives/ cloud space as a way for many of us to be able to work from home/ access epicor from anywhere using our gmails.

I was wondering if anyone has gone from on premise to cloud storage, or if there are any suggestions that could help us.

We are a cloud user and google shop. We use google scripts to monitor a mailbox that we send our documents to. The script monitors the inbox and places the doc in a directory based on the subject (quote,so,etc). We then use a rest call to link the document url string as an attachment.

1 Like

Cloud Epicor fully supports Google Drive and Drop Box, if you’re not in Gov Cloud, as well as ECM/Docstar of course. It’s covered in Document Maintenance in the help I believe.
When you say access Epicor using your gmail - do you mean log in with gmail address or access attachments using gmail?
Kim

We send the documents as attachments to an erp@company.com gmail account via print routing, autoprint, or even directly. The subject is formatted so the script picks up the attachment, adds it to the google drive, then uses rest to create the attachment link.

1 Like

Nice chris.

This process was in place when I came on board. I came from on-prem systems all the way back to Vantage 6 so never thought about the ‘tricks’ needed to handle some of the cloud nuances. There was a lot of work that went into it and opened my eyes to the possibilities of using rest for cloud integrations.