Epicor Connectivity - Local Path to Server

We’re having issues connecting to Epicor, receiving launch error message:
“the server configuration file(s) could not be found…” Normally we need to ‘reset’ the server and we’re good, but not this time. Our outside gurus are able to get in without issue, but those who use it internally continue to receive the error. It seems the local path (used since we’ve had Epicor) isn’t connecting/“seeing” the server. This is affecting all users with this local path. Epicor is on its own server as well. All diagnostic checks have shown everything is good to go but we still cannot open Epicor.
Anyone out in the forum have this issue before? If so, how was it resolved? Any insight would be greatly appreciated as we are at a work stoppage currently. Thank you!

I don’t know how helpful this is, but if you are down, but external users can get in, I would switch my critical users to access the outside endpoint until you figure it out.

That’s not an option. Those outside peeps are consultants who specialize in Epicor. They too are a little baffled as to what the issue is. Thanks for the input though.

When we have this it is a networking connectivity, dns or sometimes a server to workstation time delta. Usually a workstation or a group so the source of the issue is easily spotted.

Mystery solved! Come to find that some of the configuration files were deleted, which caused the “server could be not found.” Once we replaced the file with the correct config file it’s working normally.
Thanks to everyone who responded. Much appreciated.

1 Like