Epicor for Asset Management?

Do any of you use Epicor to manage your IT assets? We are considering how we might use Epicor to track our PCs, tablets, storage drives, and other IT assets. I really don’t want to make a stand-alone DB for this if Epicor has a great way to store it already. What do you all think? What part of Epicor do you use to store non-product asset information?
Thanks!
Nate

Interesting idea. Not sure I’d move our asset management into Epicor. The IT specific asset tracking software we have works pretty well. Interested to see what others do though.

So we have an online thingy meant for IT Assets (don’t recall the name) but accounting also has an asset list for financial purposes. If you’re trying to combine the two, and you already have the Asset module, then it makes sense to move it into Epicor since you now have one source of the truth.

We spend a fair amount of time reconciling the two whenever the State comes in to audit for tax compliance.

As Mark said the Asset Module will do this but it works from an accounting perspective.

One benefit of the Asset Mgt module is that you can connect the life cycle of Requisition, Purchase, and End of service life and have one list the with accounting team.

1 Like

In one of the project which I had worked, we had done as below. (They did not had any asset management software)
IT assets are maintained in the Asset Master.
Asset class, Group and additional custom fields are used for the categorisation.
A customised screen to record the movement for asset {like issuance of asset to an employee. (Employee details are retrieved from Employee master) }

Few asset like (big copier machines) are recorded in the Equipment master, which requires PM and corrective maintenance job.

1 Like