Epicor Insights 2017

@Chris_Conn no there is an extended ED for REST that is Paid for on Monday

Good catch sir. I didnā€™t realize there are other REST classes (I assumed they were all the same) for example on Thursday 25th 11:25:12:15

We should setup a E10Help meetup at Insights.

3 Likes

I am game for this, I know @rbucek and @jgiese.wci will be there too. Letā€™s make it happen!

2 Likes

REST class or Visual Studio integration and Debugging??? (biting fingernails) :fearful: Trying to beat the early bird cutoff today lol

Well that depends on what you need mostā€¦ are you going to use REST for anything? You planning onmaking mobile apps or web apps that communicate with epicor? If the answer is not any time soonā€¦ then go learn how to customize it and stuff better using visual studio

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping to use REST to pull data from a BAQ, or a few BAQs, into an
Excel spreadsheet for reporting. But Iā€™m not holding my breath just yet
for that.

1 Like

Exactly my biggest desire from REST Randy (I donā€™t have access to the SSRS server :confounded: Plus itā€™s gonna be an uphill battle to get access to the remote debugger). On a related note, my IT manager from Corporate will coming along - make sure you all sway him to give me some access :sunglasses:

Signed up for REST and Customization to the MAX (:sweat_smile:) on Monday

1 Like

Pretty sure that will be covered in the regular session and not the Extended Education.

1 Like

Weā€™re not going live on 10.1 until April. REST isnā€™t enabled (or avail) in
10.0. So Iā€™m using BAQ Exports to CSVs to get data in Excel reporting via
scheduled tasks. Iā€™m taking a BPM & Service Connect class at Insights, one
both Sunday and Monday. o.0

The Welcome reception ends Monday night at 7:30pm, maybe the group here
could meet up for a nightcap?

1 Like

This totally doesnā€™t count for my dumb question of the day!

What the difference between CMS speed networking and Print and Pack speed networking? Are those products?

And what is the Solutions Pavillion?

They are products that sponsor the ā€œFreeā€ booze
-1 point

2 Likes

[http://epiusers.help/user_avatar/epiusers.help/josecgomez.sixs/45/939_1.png]

josecgomez.sixshttp://epiusers.help/users/josecgomez.sixs Jose C Gomezhttp://epiusers.help/users/josecgomez.sixs Certified Epicor Consultant
February 17

They are products that sponsor the ā€œFreeā€ booze
-1 point

[Gremlins.gif]

2 Likes

1 Like

If you are using Excel 2013+ you can connect it to a SSRS data feed and just refresh from the SSRS report directly. You will need to make sure the users have access to query the DB but it is a great way to build data feeds for Excel.

John

Yes, however they do check your Epicor Access Level at the doorā€¦ if you donā€™t have access to real tools in your production environment you donā€™t get alcohol! #GrownUpsOnly lol

1 Like

Can I sneak in with you Jose? :wink:

1 Like

I added those of you I could find on my contacts.

1 Like

FYI - Iā€™ll be helping Brian teach the REST class. I am still awaiting my final schedule but Iā€™ll probably have plenty of booth time - Too many folks like to have me there as a resource to either help you solve issues or vector you to the correct folks. Itā€™s always a blast to meet so many of you - they keep me locked up coding too much :wink:

If you have questions around REST or security or server code in general you will probably be able to find me easily enough. We are doing a much better job leaving time for presenters to have ā€˜hallway timeā€™ to meet one on one with customers around a laptop. We canā€™t rewrite your app for you but do take back pain points to argue on your behalf.

4 Likes

Speaking of rewriting appsā€¦ any news on Epicor Mobile Framework?