Epicor Insights 2017

Drinks sounds good.

1 Like

Any of you sign up for Extended Education classes? I had the REST courses dropped in my lap so am now teaching the Extended Ed and 1 hour lab. I think itā€™s going to be fun. Looking forward to meeting many of you (or catching up again)

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be in the ext Ed class

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be in the extended REST class, see you fellas there.

Also Iā€™m buying dinner for whoever is willing to spend some one on one time to give me some discussions on real world implementation. This may be the busiest week of my life.

1 Like

My schedule (so far) is not totally booked with courses or hall time. I usually end up in a couch and coffee table for an hour with folks by design. Part of the cost of admission in my opinion.

The REST course has a simple javascript and C# sample at the end. The core of the course will run the breadth of the functionality. If I miserably fail at time management Iā€™ll definitely try to go over things with folks the rest of the week.

I noticed on Thursday, there are two REST sessions at the same time. What will be the difference and which one are you doing?

Mark W.

On my internal official list I have three sessions

• Extended Ed 4 hour Lab on Monday Morning - I am teaching

• Tuesday afternoon - A presentation by the Product Owner where I sit quietly in the front row (Ha!)

• Thursday morning 50 minute Lab - I am teaching

It gets crazy just before the end so something may have been added since I got my copy or they have not updated the public list - I am not sure.
The person in charge of coordinating everything is a friend and the insanity of planning large events is ā€¦ wow. I have to heard maybe a max of a dozen cats. She has to handle several hundred of us devs, sales folks, managers and VPs - as well as partners, sponsors and customer presenters. Incredible effort in doing it every year.

1 Like

Tell you friend whoā€™s scheduling that I am on to her tricks of placing all the best classes in the same blocks so we have to attend next year :yum:

I think she has a permanent headache trying to deal with all the dimensions you have to balance

ā€¦Also Iā€™m buying dinner for whoever is willing to spend some one on one time to give me some discussions on real world implementationā€¦

Chris, Iā€™d love to get in on that dinner to listen in on implementing REST. Weā€™re looking to implement REST within the next year, but I canā€™t make the extended education class on it. I can get my own dinner since Iā€™d be learning and not contributing.

Iā€™m signed up for 3 extended classes o.0

1 Like

Sounds like we should plan on a dinner end of second day of Extended Ed. I am open to either food or liquid dinner. Someone organize it and let me know where to show up :wink:

4 Likes

Hi Guys,
Iā€™m trying to sign-up for the Extended Education classes but no matter what browser I use (tried 4 so far) I canā€™t see the Monday Extended Education listings? It only scrolls to the Sunday - Creating Custom Epicor ERP Reports with SSRS class but will scroll down no further. Any ideas? I seem to remember something like this happening to me last year when I tried to download the Power Point presentations from the Insights website but I think I just tried again later and it worked. Bizarre.

Seems like a silly problem but what am I missing?

Canā€™t scroll any further down than this:

(I can see there is more there that is not showing - circled in red)

Thanks!

Did you switch days at the top? The UI isnā€™t the most friendly.

2 Likes

It certainly is not friendly! Iā€™ve always struggled with this siteā€¦ :rolling_eyes:
Unless itā€™s staring me straight in the face, I donā€™t see any Date change options on the actual Registration - Agenda Builder for the Extended Education classes? Maybe Iā€™m just in the wrong location to view the full listing? Iā€™ll try some other things to see if I can find the Monday EE listing. Wasnā€™t sure if anyone else had experienced this same strange scrolling issue? Or if it was just meā€¦Iā€™m not even sure Iā€™m seeing all of the classes for Sunday afternoon, and I canā€™t see any of the Monday classes. Thanks @Randy!

Feedback sent. Thank you and glad you figured it outā€¦

Monday night meetup sounds great to me too. Hopefully works for Chris since it was his idea. LOL

1 Like

I hate to say it out loud but Iā€™m easy :slight_smile: Itā€™s in my backyard so I am open any evenings.

3 Likes

Am I the only poor sap not staying at the Gaylord Opryland?

youā€™ll come to regret that @ 2amā€¦

4 Likes

@Chris_Conn uh oh! Better talk to your boss and sweet talk 'em into booking you a room. Even as a local thatā€™d be hard to drive in each day early enough on those late nights.