Epicor Intended Workflow/Method: Customer Owned Inventory

Here is the scenario:

Customer wants to place bulk orders and be invoiced when we produce the items
Have the items stay here in our warehouse
Customer sends us orders that are drop shipped to their customers from this inventory we are storing for them

Does anyone have experience with this? I am wondering what the ‘proper’ intended Epicor way of managing this is.

Manufacture to your inventory & invoice the customer for the product.
When you get paid, transfer to “Customer owned” inventory locations.
Explore Warehouse Bin Maintenance in the Epicor Help.
I would imagine you would then drop ship from these locations.

1 Like

Yeah this all sounds good, I was looking at Customer Managed BINs.

How do I invoice for things that have been made but not shipped?

Did you have any luck finding a solution to the invoicing problem here Garret? I am looking for answers to that question as well.

If you are multi-company or multi-site, I would “ship” to the customer, but the customer just ends up being your other company/site you create for managed inventory.

1 Like

Unfortunately no. I basically told them I didn’t have an adequate solution and they stopped asking about it so yay I guess.

John Kane is correct just ship them to the customer in the system then inventory adjust the parts into customer managed bins. You can get pretty creative and create dashboards with DMT format for this.

When the product comes into shipping, have them place them on the customer owned shelf, then DMT the shipment followed by the inventory adjustment into the proper customer managed bin. Accounting department will take care of the rest.

1 Like