EPICOR Knowledge Mentor

Thanks for the feedback.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2016 7:10 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] EPICOR Knowledge Mentor

I would agree with Techno Babbler. I also use Snag-IT, create the documentation in Word and then save to PDF. I also create videos using Camtasia for video instructions.

The real power of a tool like Knowledge Mentor is being able to create the testing and training environments linked to the documentation that you created.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Anyone using this at their site?  What are your opinions on it and if possible can you show me a demo of it?   What other SW did you consider?

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

We used it a few years ago.  Mainly for Word/PDF documentation but we did use it a few times for the web demo walk through and testing. For the documentation I've just been using snipping tool and word.  I can create the workflows about 5x faster than using KM and its much cleaner and more streamlined.

If you want the web demo features then go for it.  If its just documentation I would suggest against it.

It's pretty complex overall for what it does, unless you are going to setup full online training, then it's not really worth it in my opinion.

Snag-it and word then convert to a PDF for documentation, and for any video type stuff, I would consider something as simple as recording a meeting with gotomeeting and then doing some voice over and after effects with something like Adobe premier or I have seen some people use the GoPro app in combination with windows movie maker, or adobe premier if you really want to step it up a notch, or imovie if you have a mac at your disposal.

Also, I think Epicor stopped selling and supporting it, the product is actually made by someone else, a company called Datango who was acquired by SAP.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Anyone using this at their site? What are your opinions on it and if possible can you show me a demo of it?   What other SW did you consider?

Â

Disclaimer

I would agree with Techno Babbler. I also use Snag-IT, create the documentation in Word and then save to PDF. I also create videos using Camtasia for video instructions.
The real power of a tool like Knowledge Mentor is being able to create the testing and training environments linked to the documentation that you created.