Epicor Learning

@SteveFossey - Thanks for your input, very much appreciated! Are you referring to content that explains why they system is setup to do what it does? For example, content that would explain to a non-technical person the why behind the system functionality?

1 Like

I guess? That seems a funny way to put it though. It’s really just exactly as I wrote it. These aren’t non-technical folks, but even technical folks need to be able to see whats going on.

In my example, why is it so hard to figure out what causes a PO change suggestion? Sure, there are a lot of variables, but surely there’s a finite decision tree somewhere that gets us there? And if so, why isn’t it available?

That’s more what I’m saying…

1 Like

Gotcha, yes on the same page. Probably not stated the right way, in my initial comments. I was referring to an example I have faced in past experience with my previous company. Many times people were new to the an ERP system (often times the skilled laborers on the shop floor) were asking the “why” and needed to understand the logic behind what they were doing before seeing the value. To you point whether or not they know how to use the system, it is helpful for all users to understand the background on how the logic is setup.

2 Likes

@aosemwengie1 @Mark_Wonsil @hkeric.wci

As Tim has communicated we do care about your feedback and appreciate all your participation thus far. I would kindly ask that we focus on Epicor learning specific feedback in this thread. (Yes, I know I was the one to bring up the ideas portal! :melting_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) The direction this conversation has taken would be better suited for the Epicor Idea post.

Thanks again and please feel free to continue sharing LEARNING feedback in this post!

2 Likes

I have moved all the ideas related… erm… “gripes” to the ideas thread. Now this thread can continue to be about Epicor Learning. Thanks for your patience @karihagedorn as you can tell we have some passionate folks in this forum.

5 Likes

Wowee, if you hadn’t posted the picture I would never have tried. Thank you for not giving up!

So, If you follow the guide book in post 49, you have to do so in the following order:

1. Page 9
  2. Page 10
  3. Page 6 bottom half (definitely not the top half)
  4. Page 7

Well how did we miss it all this time?

Living this very nightmare presently…

youre my only hope GIF by Star Wars

1 Like

Not sure if this has been mentioned already. But I find it bit frustrating that I sign up for some paid courses on the epicor learning portal that don’t go anywhere as there aren’t enough people that sign up for them. Can epicor not offer these to an individual or small group if we’re willing to pay for them? Money 'seem to be an object for my company when it comes to training :smile:

You already can do this - through professional services, the training will just be billed at your hourly rate.

@bainzy5 Instructor Led training is a services provided by professional services, Epicor learning just provides the platform and tooling. Still great feedback and something I will be sure to share internally. Thanks!

1 Like

@TDudek This is very helpful feedback Tim and I will certainly take this back to the team. Thanks for the post!

1 Like

Kari - Are you the right person to direct improvements for the Help system? Can all the App Window Names be added so they link to help topics?

Today, I’m trying to troubleshoot Named Searches. Click on the ? on the homepage, & enter ‘Named Search’, thinking that should bring up something relevant (since the screen is called ‘Named Search’). Nothing within the client. The next step is to pick a random topic from there (to open the web help), and enter your search term there. Nothing either! I don’t have the time to go through 966 records, hoping there’s something. No option to filter the results (like you can in the old client) or do advanced options. Adding quotes around “Named Search” gets 4 results, non of which seem correct.

How should you find it? (Trying to figure out why a default named search doesn’t default for everyone, if anyone is interested, but I don’t want to fork this thread again).

My current go-to is to open any PDF saved from the 10.2.700 embedded education folder, and then do a folder-wide search with Adobe Acrobat. That’ll usually return something usable.

3 Likes

@askulte - Yes this is an indexing issue we have identified. The naming convention is different from Kinetic to classic windows thus skewing the results available when using Kinetic Help on in Classic screens. Named Search in classic is now referred to as Personalized Search in Kinetic. I will be adding this to Aha and hopefully working into our roadmap. In the interim, referring back to the Classic version help will provide the most relevant content when using classic screens so that the appropriate information is visible. Hope this helps get you to the information you were looking for, thanks for posting the topic!

2 Likes

@karihagedorn - Here’s another idea.

As Epicor adds new features to Kinetic, it’d be nice if you kept a running list in Help: “Kinetic Ux New Features vs Classic”. It’ll make it easier to sell the company on the move if I have a list of advantages I can refer to.

It’s difficult to compile a list now - we have to go searching through each release’s new features summary.

5 Likes

Yep same. I would not even know where to start to find the newer version…

Hi Kari,
Thanks for reaching out. Many of the users I know are on 2021 or 2022 versions but have turned all Kinetic screens off. Is there any easily accessible documentation on customising the kinetic screens? I am certain it is out there but whenever I go a searching I seem to end up lost and confused so we stay on the Classic screens. Gotta move with the times but ahhhhh!

1 Like

User setup/login is annoying. You set them up in epicweb, they get welcome emails taking them to epic web, which they have no need/business for.
The login names are confusing.
People say they complete some courses but it never marks them complete.
My epicor rep can see courses I cannot.
Would love the option to simply purge out/ignore any classic trainings. We are 100% kinetic.

Hi Logan,

Thanks for the feedback.

Please vote the the attached idea related to your login comments.

https://epicor1.aha.io/ideas/ideas/ELC-I-41

We do as much testing as possible to avoid this but if you do come across this please report the issue via the Feedback button show on the course page.

Kari,
This ELC-I-41 is very similar to ELC-I-1. Should they be merged?

1 Like

@askulte - We currently have them linked since they are not the exact same and this functionality still allows us to gauged interest separately and calculate the total amount of votes.