Epicor Mobile CRM Security Maintenance

My understanding on how it works is that once you bring Customer into a BAQ query then the Sale force security kicks in by adding extra hidden SQL to the query. If the join between OrderHed and Customer is not a matching join then the Order information will be returned but not the Customer information due to the security.
My reason for removing Company from the join is that when the hidden SQL is added I get a massive performance hit to the BAQs (in some cases it returns no data and crashes with an invalid SQL error) remove the Company from the join and it runs fine (we have around 10,000 Sales Order a month)

If you have one of these rep accounts login using the Epicor client vs. Mobile does the security work correctly?

@danbedwards - that checkbox is for orders and sounds like it will correct the problem of seeing all the sales orders if you turn it on, however, we need it to work on Quotes as well. I’ve not tested that checkbox yet to see if applies to quotes as well, but I’ll have to as soon as I get 500 up on a dev box.

@mark.yates,

is the same as my understanding, so we’re on the same page. I think our primary usage delta is that we want all this to apply on Quotes as well as Orders. The checkbox that Dan mentioned is news to me, and I’ll test it to see if applies.
As for the Company join, I’ve not noticed a similar hit at 10.2.300.17, and I’ll check it at 10.2.500.5 when I get it running (our plan is to upgrade on Jan 5th). We only have about a tenth of that transaction volume and that might make it all moot for use anyway.

We are on 10.2.400 and that checkbox does work in the E10 client but it’s not working in the Mobile CRM app. If a rep logs into the E10 client they only see their quotes, orders, customers, etc. But in the Mobile CRM app they see all orders and quotes. They only see their customers but see everything else.

It sounds like it’s a BAQ issue. We could write our own BAQ as @mark.yates said to fix the joins. We do have a ticket open with Epicor and I asked about the BAQs that are in EpicWeb. We upgraded from 10.2.200 to 10.2.300 and now 10.2.400. @Mark_Wonsil pointed out the BAQs on EpicWeb. I am thinking that BAQs may be fixed for this and just didn’t get updated. Waiting to hear back from Epicor.

@chaddb did you ever hear back about this? I am having similar issues. I created a brand new work force and user in the system and they can still see all the orders and quotes in mobile CRM, but can see barely anything in the full application.

Chad, did you ever hear back on this?

Utah,
Did you ever get this resolved? I’m having a similar issue where Sales Reps assigned to territories can see all Order and Quotes, but customers, contacts, etc… are properly limited to their user/territory.

The territory security was working when we onboarded in January, but something appears to have changed.

We bailed on the project for now. I can’t recall if I ever got this to work.

I can confirm that copying zCRM-OrderHed, naming the copy zCRM-OrderHed_custom, then modifying the join type between OrderHed and Customer (INNER JOIN as opposed to LEFT OUTER JOIN as created) and saving fixes the issue with both Orders & Quotes.

After the BAQ is modified, in Mobile CRM, make sure users go to Settings > Clear Cached Data, then go to the Home page and refresh.

2 Likes

Okay, I think that’s what I did in early attempts because other posts had said it and I think even a KB article.

I am not sure, I had so many different things I was looking into for that app.

We jumped ship and went with Salesforce for our CRM. We tried Epicor CRM but it’s just not there. Epicor should stick to ERP and leave CRM to CRM companies. Not surprised this issue isn’t fixed yet. I don’t think even Epicor wants to maintain their CRM.

1 Like