Epicor Rest-API postman issue

Hello, everybody,

I’m been follow EpiUsersHelp for a while but I never get register, now I have a issue than not find in any topic.

I’m new on REST-API from Epicor, My problem is when I open a URL (swagger or request URL) on mi computer or in the aplication server from Epicor the REST works fine but this only in the browser Internet Explorer, if I try to use the URL in other like Firefox,Chrome dont work in my computer or in the application server.

I installed the app Postman but this doesnt work in my computer or in the application server, in both I get this error message ‘Error: read ECONNRESET’ I pass on the headers tha Basic Auth but get the same error.

Do you have any idea why not working postman or the swagger in other browsers?!

restapi|690x423

your postman server is pointed to localhost, you probably want to point it to your epicor server

Hi Aaron,
This postman is running on the Epicor server, I already change the localhost and pointed to the IP/name from the epicor server, but get the same message.

This is a cert validation error. For Epicor REST, you MUST have a trusted cert and use a FQDN otherwise the system will refuse the request and close the connection. Postman allows you to ignore certificate errors and so will IE but not Chrome, FireFox, etc.

Hi Mark,

Ok, let me create and try a valid cert. Thanks

1 Like

Or Perhaps in your Postman settings you can turn off SSL Cert Verification

Yes, add a certificate was the solucion, thanks Mark.

Thanks @Aaron_Morenga and @hkeric.wci for help me too

1 Like