Epicor server maintenance

These big files are progress temp files. I have them cleared them out with a scheduled task that runs a script upon boot.

Iā€™ve just deleted 10 big ā€œDBI prefixedā€ filesā€¦nobody has had a ā€œwibbly wobbly fitā€ as yet!
System seems fine.
Iā€™ll keep you posted.

Iā€™ll next try the ā€œRCDA prefixedā€ filesā€¦

UPDATE:
So far, so goodā€¦there was no impact on deleting the 10 ā€œDBIā€¦ā€ files, so Iā€™ve deleted a further 14 of the bigger ones.

If there is no impact at all, iā€™ll delete all of the DBI filesā€¦(i know it all seems a bit hit and miss, but the link Greg Payne attached gave me a bit more confidence in doing it this approach).

Does anyone know anything about RCDA prefixed files?..these are big in size too, can they be deleted?)

Probably good to clear them, but I always cleared out the temp folder by
age. Anything over a month was cleared, except for a few logs that for
end-of-month processes Iā€™d keep longer.

UPDATE

This morning, i decided to bite the bullet on the rest of the DBI prefixed filesā€¦there are now only Jan/Feb 2017 ones left and these canā€™t be deleted as an error appears saying they are being used by another user.
Iā€™m good with thatā€¦and i can review them again in a week or so.

Thatā€™s enough bravery for this week, next week iā€™ll try a different file type, left are:
bfca prefixed
ibia prefixed
ibib prefixed
ibic prefixed
ibid prefixed
rcda prefixed
rcdb prefixed
rcdc prefixed
srta prefixed
srtb prefixed
srtc prefixed
srtd prefixed

Just found this too:

UPDATE

RCDA
RCDB
RCDC
RCDD
SRTA
SRTB
SRTC
SRTD
IBIA
IBIB
IBIC
IBID

above prefixed files now deleted tooā€¦apart from the ones that couldnā€™t be deleted due to them currently being active.

1 Like