EpiUsers.help Frideas Day 3/14/2024

On Friday, it’s EpiUsers Frideas Day! Have you been to the Epicor Ideas Portal recently? If so, are there some ideas you want to encourage other users to vote for? Maybe want to add comments to an existing idea? Election season is upon a large percentage of the globe, so VOTE.

Reply with your favorites! Give Epicor something to think about over the weekend. :wink:

4 Likes

And I’ll get us started with an idea going on four years (Make the software more friendly for DevOps - ERP-I-139), suggestions even longer on this forum, and currently sitting at number 2 but generally in the top 5 for most of this time. It has been quiet from Epicor as they have not done a listening session nor added any comments.

If customers are on their own for managing customizations in a way that promotes quicker upgrades, I hope Epicor will say the word. I know some customers are already throwing things together, which is fine. We can work with each other to come up with solutions, but we are frozen until Epicor says something. Anything. Even with a :safe_harbor:

We don’t want to end up like @Banderson arriving at Insights and ready for his automation talk just to hear the announcement of Automation Studio before he had a chance to talk. We don’t care about Brandon’s time :slight_smile: , but when we’re talking about the entire customer base, that’s a different story.

NetSuite, Automatica, SAP, and even Microsoft’s low-code Power Platform have a DevOps story. We’re waiting for Epicor’s story. :popcorn:

3 Likes
  1. KIN-I-3654
    Stop using Dynamic SQL for BAQS instead create Table Value Functions or Stored Procedures that can be tuned
  1. ERP-I-1719
    Allow shipping of a PCID without having to use Pack Out. Just add line, select PID → Ship
  2. KIN-I-4669
    Train an LLM on Epicor Documentation so we can “chat” with our Epicor docs and get answers.
  3. KNTC-I-1954
    Make planning contracts trackable at PartBin level so you can move the products around the warehouse. Right now they are stuck in a specific bin which isn’t how the world works.
3 Likes

Can I play too? (I know… i am an epicor employee… but I have opinions too).

KIN-I-4683 adds new restriction that forces POs to be re-approved if someone unapproves and makes certain changes.
ERP-I-1470 Approval Workflow Engine for all masters and transactions.
KIN-I-4622 Dynamic TimeFence: Job & PO Automatic Time Fence on locked schedule for MRP purposes
KIN-I-4550 Carbon Cost Rollup

2 Likes

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Frideas! for 3/22/2024