Exception widget in BPM prevents Show Message widget from showing

Thanks All,

I hope I didn’t come across as being combative. I just like to try and understand all the possible nuances.

Again, thanks.

There are a lot of why questions in Epicor lol. The real bite on this is if you throw an exception and then try to reset call context values for subsequent runs. Get ready for some real strange behaviour there. Not that I’ve done that before. :upside_down_face:

Throw it in the ideas portal “allow exceptions to be configured from the widget as immediate or queued and don’t allow them to have children if immediate”

1 Like

Because when I create a hard-shop I usually have a Condition… if true (exception) if false do nothing… You don’t want always to have a hard-stop :slight_smile:

This was the one I had call context flipped on. Note I doubled down I was on edge with the CC not being cleared lol

Better logging was on this list’s enhancement requests and lumped in with the DevOps Idea recommendation - which still has no status or replies from Epicor.

1 Like

They were so close when you look at their library it allows you to pass in category but they hardcoded the quoted “IceAppServer” in most signatures and ignored the passed variable for event viewer vs using the passed variable.

What most people are used to calling

This signature allows you to pass in the source

The signature it calls uses it for trace but dumps it before the subsequent WriteEntry for some reason.

1 Like

Oh wow I guess I never checked!! That would be handy then I can stop doing this shit:

I could just put the BPM name in the traceLabel

1 Like

I guess I’m holding out for Structured Logging…and I want to choose the sink so I can combine logs and not need access to the server.

1 Like

Send it to something like Sentry then. That’s my next step for Epicor :smiley:

I do it for our PLC dependent apps

1 Like

It would be nice to just set up a tail on the log and run it. No going to a server, no filtering, just show me the most recent entries as they are written…

And like Sentry, show other things at the same time: memory utilization, number of users logged in, etc…

You can with Baretail. I do that for tracelogs. Still have to open the remote file, but can do it from your PC if you make it accessible via the networkses. #LovinThatOnPremLife

I’m PROUD. On PR-em cl-OUD. I can be #LovinThatOnPremLife and still be in the cloud. :wink: