External BAQ won't update cross-company (regular BAQ does)

This is another strange one (most of mine are like that :smiley: ). We had an issue in the past where trying to try to run an updatable BAQ would be really slow for some users, but not most. We got around it by changing it to an External BAQ.

We have another updateable BAQ that has been SOMETIMES gets really slow for 1 user. We’ve tracked it down to that user id, others can log onto the same system and be fast, he can log onto other systems and be slow. So we tried making an External BAQ for that query also.

This new query doesn’t want to update a Task if it’s in a different company. (we are only allowing a change to the complete flag, the description and who ‘owns’ the task). The standard BAQ DOES allow update, it’s the external one that gets an error:

“Severity: Exception, Table: Task, Field: , RowID: 7b6b5a0e-0de7-4673-9373-065f9ba98501, Text: This is a duplicate Task sequence number.”

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I was rather surprised to have an issue with this one, since there’s no UD columns on that table. Is there another method that needs to be called before the update?