External SSRS report between pilot/prod

We have a ton of external ssrs reports. How do you handle moving the SSRS reports between environments?

When you refresh your pilot environment from production how do you handle the external ssrs reports? Do you go in and change the dataset in the reports to point to the pilot database and change the url in the menu to point to pilot instead of prod?

I think @josecgomez had some sort of tool, but not sure how geared it was towards external/direct reports.

If you were diligent in using shared data connections and didn’t build out the SQL connection independently in each report then it would be as simple as changing the datasource in each one to the new datasource for your dev environment.

I also think you could endeavor to use SQL to help with this, but I know SQL statements against databases are frowned upon, but not sure that sentiment applies to modifying SSRS databases as it applies to Epicor databases.

I also know @jdewitt6029 and @bmartin had scripts to help with this at some point, though they may not have been their personal scripts, they might still have them.

That would be great if they are willing to share :slight_smile:

Are you on prem or cloud though?

On prem

1 Like

It isn’t Epicor specific, it just lets’ you migrate SSRS reports (and datasets) handle with care and do testing etc.

1 Like

Thanks for following up on this post Jose.

Thank you!

1 Like