Epicor SSRS Migration Tool

Regarding this Question:

Here is my SSRS Migration tool and how to use it. It will allow you to move from folder to folder or environment to environment or server to server.

SSRS Migration.zip (512.7 KB)

I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS THE END ALL BE ALL OR THAT THIS WILL EVEN WORK. THIS IS JUST WHAT I USE INTERNALLY AND ALTHOUGH WE HAVE DONE SOME TESTING, I CANNOT AND WILL NOT GUARANTEE THIS TO WORK AND I WILL NOT AND CANNOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU USE THIS AND YOUR STUFF BLOWS UP OR YOUR REPORTS GET DELETED.
SERIUSLY!

• Install the Tool by unzipping and running Setup.exe
  • Run through the setup (self explanatory)
  • Running the tool
  • Click the new Icon On your Desktop
  • Enter the from and to info requested
  1. From Server Name: Is the Server Name of the SSRS App Server you’d like to copy from (server.tld.local/ReportServer)

2. From Server UserName: Windows Domain username of an account that has access to the above

3. From Server Password: Windows Domain password of an account that has access to the above server

4. From Server Domain: Windows AD Domain of the above account

5. From Server Folder: Will allow you to select the folder you want to migrate

6. To Server Name: Is the Server name of the SSRS App Server you’d like to copy to. It can be the same server or a different one (server.tld.local/ReportServer)

7. To Server UserName: Windows Domain username of an account that has access to the above server

8. To Server Password: Windows Domain username of an account which has access to the above server

9. To Server Domain: Windows AD Domain of the above server

10. To Server Folder: Will allow you to select the folder destination of where you’d like to copy the SSRS Report To

11. Correct Data Source: Allows you to change the data source of the destination SSRS Report to the correct one. Click it and select the “TARGET” data source that you’d like the destination reports to point to

12. Click Migrate

Recursive checkbox will copy all subfolders and sub reports found in the selected folder
Include Folder you shouldn’t need to check this, it creates the entire folder tree structure in the target.

Please run this in test so you fully understand how it works, and again this is given for free as is, use at your own risk if you have issues let me know and I’ll try to help

35 Likes

@josecgomez - thanks for sharing!!!

2 Likes

Hi Jose:

Thank you for your time put in to the development of this tool. I used it to copy over reports from our live environment to our test environment on the same server/domain and it worked flawlessly.

I am now trying to copy reports over to another server on a different domain. Upon testing the connection for the receiving server, I am receiving the error below. Might you have any idea what could be causing this and how to sort it out?

Many thanks,
James

1 Like

This works better than ReportSync 1.1.2. Many of my report utilize sub-reports with a dedicated data source (called readonly). Is there a way to correct the data source for the report and sub reports by selecting the appropriate data source name and corresponding data source path?

Thanks!

1 Like

Jose,
This has been a Godsend tool, as we have embarked on our Upgrade to Kinetic and with 5 K11 environments for various purposes and repeating lifts from our E10 production instance, this tool has made a horrible manual task (Solution workbench did not work after many attempts to complete) a now nearly painless task! Thank you so much for your generous nature and gifts to the community!

3 Likes

Does anyone know if this tool needs other ports than the standard SQL server ports: TCP 1433 , 4022 , 135 , 1434 , UDP 1434? From Docs SQL . We’re setting up a new Azure domain from an existing one and while I can connect to shared folders across domain.

I have to get the infrastructure team to open the ports I need and wanted to make sure this was all before I go fight them for access. :smiley:

It uses web services so it really just needs the ports 80 and 443 (I believe)

2 Likes

this is a f’ing sweet tool made my life easier.

1 Like

This is amazing, many thanks, Jose!!

This is great, just used it for the first time today