Extract with DMT in Epicor 10?

Key with extracting the data is setting up BAQs to pull the data out.
This works for 8.03, 9 and 10.
Using calculated values or UD fields in the tables (in PartClass for example), you can reformat the information and have it ready to load with the DMT.

To help automate the export setup up a process set and use the BAQ export process to push the data out.

Follow by using the DMT scripts to upload the data.  It is possible to run the process very methodically and efficiently.

Bruce Larson

Can the DMT tool be used to extract data out of our TEST database to then load in our LIVE environments database? I can't find any material or posts that say DMT can be used to extract data, everything I find says it is a data import tool only.

Thank you

At the moment it just imports data, I believe they were working on getting some export functionality but it isn't on there at the moment

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 9:20 AM, detroitrdwings91@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p><span><br></span></p><p style="margin-top:12px;margin-bottom:12px;outline:0px;font-family:Arial, Verdana, geneva, sans-serif;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Can the DMT tool be used to extract data out of our TEST database to then load in our LIVE environments database? I can&#39;t find any material or posts that say DMT can be used to extract data, everything I find says it is a data import tool only.</p><p><span></span></p><p style="margin-top:12px;margin-bottom:12px;outline:0px;font-family:Arial, Verdana, geneva, sans-serif;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Thank you</p><p><span><br></span></p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

No extract in DMT, but you can run a query for the pretty much the same data. If you get over 10,000 rows back you'll need to access it from a dashboard.

Extracting from DMT would be cool because it would return data from more than one table, since inputting info that way disperses it among multiple tables in many cases.

To transfer from Test to Live I suppose you would need to get all the fields from a given DMT input and join the proper files in a query to get that output.

Joe Trent

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 8:20 AM, detroitrdwings91@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p><span><br></span></p><p style="margin-top:12px;margin-bottom:12px;outline:0px;font-family:Arial, Verdana, geneva, sans-serif;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Can the DMT tool be used to extract data out of our TEST database to then load in our LIVE environments database? I can&#39;t find any material or posts that say DMT can be used to extract data, everything I find says it is a data import tool only.</p><p><span></span></p><p style="margin-top:12px;margin-bottom:12px;outline:0px;font-family:Arial, Verdana, geneva, sans-serif;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Thank you</p><p><span><br></span></p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

I don’t know that it’s an effective use of time for them to develop that. For that purpose we just create BAQs that dump the data and make the column names what DMT wants. Put it in a Dashboard, export to excel whenever needed and call it good. Gives us the ability to add any filtering before we dump it too to control what we get. It takes some internal time to do that but not long and you have it forever available.

Joshua Giese

CIO

Direct:     920.593.8299

IT Dept:   920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Site ID:    27450-E905702A-SQL64

Wisconsin Converting, Inc.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2015 8:25 AM
To: Vantage
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Extract with DMT in Epicor 10??

At the moment it just imports data, I believe they were working on getting some export functionality but it isn't on there at the moment

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 9:20 AM, detroitrdwings91@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Can the DMT tool be used to extract data out of our TEST database to then load in our LIVE environments database? I can't find any material or posts that say DMT can be used to extract data, everything I find says it is a data import tool only.

Thank you

If doing an extract to do a transfer were a good idea, it would be a better use to have it do the transfer for you.

As said, the query is a better route because you can then dump (or schedule the dump) the query and then edit the data before entering it.

Charlie Smith

CTCharlie@...

Cell: 860-919-1708

Office: 817-862-9862

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 8:51 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Extract with DMT in Epicor 10??

No extract in DMT, but you can run a query for the pretty much the same data. If you get over 10,000 rows back you'll need to access it from a dashboard.

Extracting from DMT would be cool because it would return data from more than one table, since inputting info that way disperses it among multiple tables in many cases.

To transfer from Test to Live I suppose you would need to get all the fields from a given DMT input and join the proper files in a query to get that output.

Joe Trent

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 8:20 AM, detroitrdwings91@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thank you