F1 Help Key

When I press the F1 key when I have a window oipen I get HTTP error 503.
Any Idea?
Thanks

Are you in live, or another testing environment? It opens right up to the help file for me. If you manage your own servers, make sure they are up and running and properly connected. You should see a help file there. Something is preventing you from connecting to the help server. Make sure you are properly connected to the network. Also, try out the help file on other forms to see if part entry is the only problem. If it is still a problem, I would report it to support.
Good luck!
Nate

Obviously check up your setup, but if you find that it’s only on your computer, check out this thread. There could be a bad cache in a browser that you aren’t using.

1 Like

@Jamie-Lill Also if your are on prem and using your own help site and it is failing you can use Epicor’s

https://help.epicor.com/102400 just use your version and this will work INSIDE Epicor.

As of 10.2.300, the application help extension does not need to be installed locally as Epicor has a hosted version available to all customers. Instructions on how to use the Epicor hosted version are included in the “Install Epicor Online Help System” sections of the appropriate new install guides.

If you are using version before 10.2.300, you have to install the help and change the sysconfig file and update the tag and point it to the location where you installed it.

If you are using an on-premise copy, then check the application pool in IIS that is configured for use with the Help Application/Website it may be stopped. You will notice this as the application pool will have a small black square icon in the name field. It will also have a status of stopped.

Just right mouse click and start it.

Thank you everyone for you input