FastClose anyone?

I am evaluating FastClose as a replacement for XLConnect. I have installed a fully functional demo version and I am impressed with how easy the install was compared to XLConnect. Out of the box it did a whole lot more with minimal effort.

I am just wondering if anyone else has gone the FastClose route as opposed to XLConnect and what their long term experiences are.

Thanks!

Paul

I’m a big fan.

As you say the install is so straightforward compared to XL Connect - no messing around on the server with groups etc.

The main app for developing the reports is much more intuitive than trying to develop raw XL Connect reports.

You really can develop and P&L report in 10 minutes.

Also, the Excel Add In means the reports can run in Excel, which is an essential for any accountant.

The support both online and via email and phone is good, with the offer of free training via WebEx to get going.

Price wise it seems comparable to XL Connect, but this is difficult to say as it depends on your turnover.

Mind you that just a system guy’s opinion - I recently moved a client on to Fastclose as they were on XL Connect 5 and needed to migrate to XL Connect 7 (for which there is no upgrade path).

The accounts team had a two month trial of Fastclose and ultimately went with FastClose.

1 Like

Andrew; thanks for the feedback. We just signed the PO for FastClose and are moving forward to “implementing” it. I have been playing with the software a bit over the last couple of months and showed it off to fin mgmt here who absolutely liked it. I am working now to set up a standard stack of reports that should make closing much easier.

Paul

1 Like

@psiebers it has been 1 year since your post.
What are your feelings now ?
Thanks,
Neil

2 Likes

Hey @psiebers any feedback?

FastClose has been great to work with. The product is easier to use and implement than XL Connect; I also found the FastClose team more caring and ready to go the extra mile to make sure the product was successful for us.

It did help us expose major shortcomings of our failed Vantage - 10.1 implementation. We are now re-implementing and using Kinetic as a vehicle for change. We are finally converting from Multi Site to Multi Company. Prior to this even FastClose was not able to help much, but now we have bettered our ways it is showing great promise in our Test environment with useful data. Garbage in-Garbage out for sure.

I want to point out that Fast Close doesn’t just cover your monthly financial closing; they have reports spanning many other modules:

There are also ways to push query data into shares on a schedule, which then can be used to feed Power BI and publish graphs.

The best thing to do is download a trial/eval copy from their website. I had mine up and running in minutes. Lots of canned useful reports, easy to change them to fit your use. Definitely worth checking out.

1 Like

@psiebers Can you link to the trial? I can’t find it anywhere on their site.

Hi John

You can contact me on nick.gomersall@fastclose.Uk and I can organise a trial for you

Regards

Nick

Sorry about that; in the olden days there was a free trial on the site. :wink:

Yes we always do this Paul to ensure that FastClose is the right fit

Will put it back on again :smiley:

Nick Gomersall

+44 7515544321