You are AWSOME!!!! I got it! Thank you!

Patricia

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 3:03 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Field added to RMA Form does not display

Patricia,

Try this:

OrderHed to OrderDtl you just need Company and OrderNum.

RMADtl to OrderHed you cust need Company and OrderNum.

I use the Data Dictionary Viewer and look at the indexes.

Your joins should follow one of the indexes for performance and linking as a guideline.

But you don’t have to follow this exactly

Also if your data is in the xml but doesn’t display in crystal, make sure your using the field from say OrderDtl and not the same field from say PartTran, I know it should obvious but it is Monday.

Patrick Winter

My relationships in Epicor are:

OrderHed to OrderDtl (fields are Company, OrderNum and CustNum)

RMADtl to OrderHed (fields are OrderNum and CustNum)

Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 14:43
To:
vantage@yahoogroups.com

Patrick,

That’s the problem. I first need to make sure I have my relationships right in Epicor don’t I? I’m not sure I do. If I do then I can go back to Crystal and hopefully replicate it there. I as far as I know they should also be left outers in Crystal.

Patricia

Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 2:15 PM
To:
vantage@yahoogroups.com

Check under crystal / Database Expert / Links. Is everything joined properly.

Arrow from Parent to Child Tables in Crystal, Epicor BAQs Arrows are from Child to Parent.

Patrick

Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 13:58
To:
vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Field added to RMA Form does not display

All,

I’m hoping someone can tell me where I’m going wrong. This is driving me nuts. I’m running 905.702a, Crystal Reports, and SQL.

I have modified my RMA Form to add the OrderHed and OrderDtl tables. I don’t have an issue with the OrderHed table, the data shows up in the form and all is well. The problem is with the OrderDtl table. I can see the data in the xml and I can see it when I browse data in Crystal. The problem is that the data does not display on the report. I can drag and drop the field I need onto the form but it never displays.

RMAHead to RMADtl (field is RMANum)

Can someone please help? I always have problems with this.

Patricia Hall

Systems Analyst

T: 256.978.6294

E: phall@...

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of the Specialty Screw Corporation company. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email or attachments.

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of the Specialty Screw Corporation company. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email or attachments.

All,

I’m hoping someone can tell me where I’m going wrong. This is driving me nuts. I’m running 905.702a, Crystal Reports, and SQL.

I have modified my RMA Form to add the OrderHed and OrderDtl tables. I don’t have an issue with the OrderHed table, the data shows up in the form and all is well. The problem is with the OrderDtl table. I can see the data in the xml and I can see it when I browse data in Crystal. The problem is that the data does not display on the report. I can drag and drop the field I need onto the form but it never displays.

Patricia Hall

Systems Analyst

Did you also add it to the report tables? Make sure to also include the fields under the report table tab and excluded fields.

Yes I did. I’ve made that mistake before. J  I don’t know what else to do.

Patricia

Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 2:05 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Field added to RMA Form does not display

Did you also add it to the report tables? Make sure to also include the fields under the report table tab and excluded fields.

Did you also duplicate the linking of the tables in Crystal?

Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 2:58 PM

All,

Patricia Hall

Systems Analyst

I might be missing something (not worked with RMA before) but I think having the CustNum in the links is redundant.  When things don’t work I simplify as much as possible.  Also, it might not matter but making sure the links are all Left Outer joins would be worth trying.  And also making sure Company is involved in all table links is a performance booster.

-Todd C.

Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 1:58 PM

All,

Patricia Hall

Systems Analyst

Vic,

I tried but when I do I lose the other field I had to add. The fields I had to add are PONUM, XPARTNUM and ORDERNUM. If I change it to reflect what’s in Epicor I lose PONUM.

Patricia

Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 2:12 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Field added to RMA Form does not display

Did you also duplicate the linking of the tables in Crystal?

Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 2:58 PM

All,

Patricia Hall

Systems Analyst

Arrow from Parent to Child Tables in Crystal, Epicor BAQs Arrows are from Child to Parent.

Patrick

All,

Patricia Hall

Systems Analyst

Patrick,

That’s the problem. I first need to make sure I have my relationships right in Epicor don’t I? I’m not sure I do. If I do then I can go back to Crystal and hopefully replicate it there. I as far as I know they should also be left outers in Crystal.

Patricia

Patrick

All,

Patricia Hall

Systems Analyst

Patricia,

Try this:

Your joins should follow one of the indexes for performance and linking as a guideline.

Also if your data is in the xml but doesn’t display in crystal, make sure your using the field from say OrderDtl and not the same field from say PartTran, I know it should obvious but it is Monday.

Patrick Winter

Patrick,

Patricia

Patrick

All,

Patricia Hall

Systems Analyst

Patrick,

It is indeed! I’ll go back and look again and see if I’m using the correct field from the correct table. I going to also use the relationship you describe below. It certainly won’t hurt.  Can I use any of the indexes listed for the table? The index would be the Key field in the relationship?

Btw…

Is there a report available in Epicor, that would provide our current supplier list and information pertaining to each one?

Patricia

Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 3:03 PM

Patricia,

Try this:

Patrick Winter

To:
vantage@yahoogroups.com

Patrick,

Patricia

To:
vantage@yahoogroups.com

Patrick

To:
vantage@yahoogroups.com

All,

Patricia Hall

Systems Analyst