Field Group Conditions syntax?

Hi, I’m trying to do the following in a field group: “If the amount field is greater than 10, set the description field visible”

I tried everything and the best syntax that I got so far is this:

[$FieldGroup.Expenses.Form_Expense_Amount]  > 10

However, this only applies to the value of the FIRST row. How can each row acts based on the amount value of their respective row. I searched everything (Epicor Learning Center, this forum, ECM PDF Documentation, Live Support, Consultants, etc.) and I haven’t found an answer yet which is suprising since I would guess that it’s a pretty basic feature for a grid

@vleveris this is the exact scenario I am talking about… you want to loop through the field group and then do something to each row. You can see that another user is also confused why it’s so hard to find any sort of documentation or education on something so simple as modifying a grid.

Completely agree. There has been a recent addition of the $RowNo, but I haven’t had a great amount of experience using this, yet. To accomplish what needs to be done here, I would typically have three field groups - Source, Temp, Final.

I would move each record individually to the Temp table, remove from the Source table, assess and make changes as needed in the Temp table, move it to the Final table and remove from the Temp table. It’s not always pretty, but it gets the results I need.

2 Likes

Okay so I am not crazy!! I created three field groups and thought what I was doing was absolutely mad!

Haha wow! Crazy to read that you are doing the exact same thing .

homer simpson GIF

Lol Yea, the first time it was an accomplishment to get it done, but now it’s a pain because it seems like it shouldn’t be this difficult. They need more field group specific tasks or modified versions of the Remove Line Items task that would instead allow you to evaluate multiple fields within a row within a field group and provide outputs based on those evaluations.

1 Like

Yep, definitely have needed this before.

All this is in the workflow or is it done via javascript? Because ideally, it should be transparent to the user who simply change a value and then the fields not required in the field groups should be set to invisible

I mean I think you can toggle visibility on the field in field group maintenance maybe?

For the default visibility, yes but that’s not based on conditions (values of other fields for example)

To the best of my knowledge, the Javascript capabilities are only applicable to Forms.

Depending on the purpose of hiding certain rows in the field group, you could use the temp table idea and make the entire table(s) invisible where applicable.

Opened a case a few months ago and the answer has been that “this is working as designed, the Forms condition is not implemented for the field group.”

Unfortunately that means that field group conditions are not usable right now since they only reference the first row which isn’t useful at all for most use cases

I created an Epicor Idea if people wants to vote to fix that in a future update: Log In - Epicor Identity