Field Validation Epicor 905.701

I use variations of this is several places:

Directive 1 –       Set <YourField> to ttCallContextBPMData.ShortChar01

Set ttCallContextBPMData.Checkbox01 = FALSE.

Directive 2 – ABL Code:

IF Length(ttCallContextBPMData.ShortChar01) = 10 THEN Assign ttCallContextBPMData.Checkbox01 = TRUE.

Directive 3 – If ttCallContextBPMData.Checkbox01 = FALSE Raise Exception.

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jose Gomez
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 10:13 AM
To: Vantage
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Field Validation Epicor 905.701

you can limit the length of a field in extended properties maintenance.. but there is no "Syntax.. for it" not sure what you mean by that.. You can write some custom code also, or use a BPM

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM, <whitenight922@...> wrote:

Does anyone know the syntax for the field validation for 905? Basically I'm looking for it to check the number of characters in a field. I tried len = 10, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Thank you!

Does anyone know the syntax for the field validation for 905? Basically I'm looking for it to check the number of characters in a field. I tried len = 10, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Thank you!

you can limit the length of a field in extended properties maintenance.. but there is no "Syntax.. for it" not sure what you mean by that.. You can write some custom code also, or use a BPM

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM, <whitenight922@...> wrote:

<div>

<p></p><p>Does anyone know the syntax for the field validation for 905? Basically I&#39;m looking for it to check the number of characters in a field. I tried len = 10, but that doesn&#39;t seem to be working.</p><p>

Thank you!

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Thank you. That will work if I want the length equal to a certain number of characters. I should have said my problem is for greater than or less than. For instance the job numbers could be 6 digits or 8 digits. I found on the properties a row called "EpiCustomValidator" but I don't see any place I can find out what to put there. That's what I meant by syntax.

Thanks again!

Never seen that before but I found this fairly useless bit :-)
EpiCustomValidator (Control Property)

A term that validates data using the Like command. Enter a term that will validate the data for your customization.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:22 AM, <whitenight922@...> wrote:

<div>

<p></p><p>Thank you. That will work if I want the length equal to a certain number of characters. I should have said my problem is for greater than or less than. For instance the job numbers could be 6 digits or 8 digits. I found on the properties a row called &quot;EpiCustomValidator&quot; but I don&#39;t see any place I can find out what to put there. That&#39;s what I meant by syntax.</p>

Thanks again!

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>