Filtering a EpiUltraGrid

Hi all.

First a random question:
What is the difference between rule style: epi_style_invisible and invisible? The epi_style_invisible seems to have no effect and the invisible style seems to black out the row. Neither make the row invisible lol.

I just wanted to share my experience in filtering an EpiUltraGrid so others may benefit. I needed to control the display of an EpiUltraGrid that I had no control over the data being loaded. I was able to make an EpiUltraCombo that held the values I wanted to filter by then made an event OnTextChange for that combo. Here is the resulting code that filtered my UltraGrid like a champ:

<code>
	    private void epiUltraComboC1_TextChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs args)
    	{
    		// ** Place Event Handling Code Here **

EpiUltraGrid grid = (EpiUltraGrid)csm.GetNativeControlReference("b3e2940f-c81e-4838-9d16-90eff26f2e04");  //get control handle
         grid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].ColumnFilters["OpDtlDescription"].FilterConditions.Clear();  //clear any existing filters
        if(epiUltraComboC1.Text != "")  //don't filter if we have no text
       {
           grid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].ColumnFilters["OpDtlDescription"].FilterConditions.Add  (FilterComparisionOperator.Equals, epiUltraComboC1.Text);  //add filter from combo value
      }
    }
</code>

Note I added the following (not sure if needed):
using Infragistics.Shared;
using Infragistics.Win;
using Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid;

7 Likes