Financial Reporting Tool Options

Hi all,

We went live with Epicor a few months ago and I have been disappointed with all of the financial reporting tools that have been made available to us so far.

The financial report writer is terrible in my opinion, as I can’t even make a Statement of Cash Flows with it. All other reports have to be exported into Excel and manipulated.

EDA does not provide a live time connection to our database as we are a cloud customer. The data in here is constantly lagging by one day.

I just learned that XL Connect limits our access to a number of useful datasets (AR Invoice, Labor Detail, AP Invoice, etc.) due to the fact that we have the cloud license. (Amount of processing time on large data sets?) This has been our favorite so far, but we get errors every time we try to pull data from what seems like a significant amount of datasets.

I would be curious to hear what financial reporting tools other companies use and prefer? Can’t seem to find a useful option…

1 Like

Spreadsheet server

We’re on premise - I have no idea whether this is available with cloud, but its a great tool.

My client has a limited budget and all our reports are written in the Financial Report Designer. They require a little of “prettying up” but, otherwise, it’s a solid financial report writer. If price is no option, Spreadsheet Server or Phocas may be what you’re looking for.

Spreadsheet Server is Insight’s replacement for Excel Connect, so same issue of table availability in Epicor Public Cloud. CAM should be able to give you a list of the tables that are allowed. Oh, you’d know that, just realized this was your post, Alisa! Hope you’re doing great.

Try FastClose

FastClose is a reporting and inquiry solution that delivers Templates built to the ERP table structure, so you don’t have to start from scratch. This reduces the learning curve. You can start creating specialized reports right away without needing to know the underlying table relationships. Templates are delivered for all the Epicor Modules, so you’re not limited to Financials reporting.

Use FastClose to create reports with hierarchies, filters, and calculations, drill back and forth between related data, run reports in Excel, schedule reports to write to a file server or publish for Power BI dashboards.

FastClose Reporting works straight out of the box, on premise or in the cloud. And it’s risk-free. You can get FastClose on a trial basis to try before you buy.

Let me know if you’d like to learn more. I’d love to show you FastClose.