Finding Epicor Consultants

This is honestly asking how do companies find consultants to help them with Epicor.
I am trying to put some way to help users find a consultant that will fit their needs that may not be working with Epicor.
Locally the user group has several consultants present that are available in person for questions.

Is their an interest in an “Angie’s” list of consultants?
Or would having a list available on this site that users could give reviews?

I have heard many times from customers that they wished they knew there were other options for a consultant for Epicor.

Hi Larson
We would rather not start a list or a post with consultant recommendations or reviews.

This could lead to hurt feelings and blatant marketing and we’ve always avoided direct consultant marketing/promotion on this list.

The best way for consultants to get the word out is to openly help and participate in forums like this without pushing their services or trying to sell responses.

I am a firm believer that if we actively participate in the community, build a reputation and show your worth then the customer will find you.

-Jose

6 Likes

I wonder how often people reach out to consultants here on the forum. There are so many knowledgeable, talented individuals on here that there seems to be massive amount of information available. Hopefully as Jose said, when people have a need they’ll come back, research different consultants for relevant skills and reach out to them.

Coming from a consumer side - that is super useful since in general, consultants will tell you anything you need to hear to bite the hook No offense to any consultants lol.

I don’t dislike the idea of having a way for people to somehow rate the quality of the help they receive on a professional level but I would be curious how would you enforce the integrity of such a rating.

As a former Epicor customer, and now an Epicor consultant, I can assure everyone that we don’t “tell you anything you need to hear…” I work with honesty, integrity, and a passion for customer satisfaction. There are a lot of knowledgeable and talented people in our organization, and I encourage others to contact Epicor explaining what you may be seeking for consulting so you can be matched with a consultant that best fits your needs. :slight_smile:

Hi Bruce,

The “No-Selling” feature of the Yahoo! Group and now E10Help is the reason this group does so well. Other groups, like SpiceWorks, are filled with unhelpful posts like, “Yeah, that can be done. Call us.” Some consultants tried to get around the rule by having customers make recommendations but that got snipped right away as it’s just second-hand spam.

I’m pretty sure it’s still the case where a user post to the group and have responses sent directly to the requester and not posted in the group. This is the place where customers could send recommendations as well.

Like @josecgomez said, the consultants who demonstrate clear competencies (like yourself) will more likely get calls than those who farm email addresses and spam users. Unlike the Yahoo!Group, this group clearly marks users as consultants too. Also, there’s never been a issue with a small weblink/phone number in one’s signature.

I would leave the “Angie’s” list to Epicor since they have a certification program already…

:slight_smile:

Mark W.

3 Likes